I have to keep jailbreaking iphone!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamie00, Mar 6, 2009.

1. jamie00 macrumors newbie

My boyfriend, who has t-mobile service just purchased an I phone through a friend of a friend. (which could be a red flag) It was supposedly unlocked and jailbroken. He put his sim card in and seemed to work for about a week. He then connected his phone to itunes and he had the box checked that does automatic updates. After that his phone went out. So on Sunday he ran across somebody that jailbreaks iphones we paid the guy 25 dollars he used what was called Quickpwn software, and he told us to never update through itunes because it will make the phone go down again. I also asked him if certain applications that can be downloaded could also cause his phone to go down and he said no...I'm no expert but I think that's a crock. But is it true? Personally why would the guy invest in the software if he wasn't having the same issues as everone else? But maybe I'm being to skepticle! So last evening my boyfriend is looking up apps and starts downloading them and what happen? You guessed it! This is the 2nd time that it's happened and want to know what preventative measure we can take to keep this from happening again, if it's not too late. Apparently the iphone can quit working all together no matter what you do if you're not careful.:mad: I have heard a lot of people say that they have no problems with their phone once jailbroken and others say they are always having issues. There are so many stories out there and so hard to tell the true from the false! PLEASE HELP!!!!

2. windels macrumors regular

windels

i tought quickpwn was a free app ? maybe you should google for it and just do it yourself next time.
    sorry a can't help you out a little more, i don't own an Iphone, its like 525 Euros out here.

EDIT: and I thought you could un - jailbreak it just by restoring it trough itunes?

3. ian-frs macrumors 6502

What program are you using and what version of the iPhone does he have? I would suggest using PWNAGE tool instead of QuickPWN. I find that PWNAGE is more reliable. There is no program that you can download from Apple or Cydia that can re-jail your phone unless it is an update to carrier settings or a firmware update.

4. makowb macrumors member

5. specify macrumors regular

he paid for something he could've done himself

6. muskratboy macrumors 6502

man, people are lazy

yeah, people SO don't do that. like oil changes. yard service. car washes. eating out. cleaning the house. brewing beer. making bread.

but thanks for the snark... and good luck with the home-schooling.

7. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

High five.

But he's kinda right. It's free and takes 5 minutes. If that.

8. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

sounds like you don't realize the phone is downloading the updates

why not install apps via the iphone itself and not itunes ?

9. raclotz macrumors member

raclotz

yes... stop paying 25 bucks everytime the phone breaks... you can do it yourself for free...

10. specify macrumors regular

That was really nasty, my comment wasn't even incendiary haha.

You knew what I was getting at anyway, none of your examples are similar at all in terms of simplicity of jailbreaking. It's literally a few clicks of a button for free.