Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

virus1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
OK, so usually i am just an amateur designer. I have next to no experience in any coding whatsoever. I am relatively new to PHP, havent touched JavaScript before yesterday, or MySQL before last week. I use Coda/CSSedit for CSS and HTML doesnt count as 'code'.

Anyway, I recently started a robotics company with a friend. We sell combat robotics kits and parts for antweight (1 pound) robots. I designed, handcoded, and set up the entire web site.

Last week I set up the store in a MySQL database and with the help of tizag.com, I managed it. It wasnt until yesterday when I started working with javascript, first to provide navigation on the product pages, and today's challenge was greater than ever. It took forever, and even though it is an insignificant feat for the wider internet, it is a gigantic leap for me. I managed to have the release banner (a banner that lists all the new releases) it is based on a timer, and with javascript and CSS, the text changes every few seconds.

You can check it out at compositelabs.net. The real difficulty was working with 3 different languages all at once in the same document, and had to keep everything straight. I had to deal with mySQL, PHP, and Javascript, all of which are new to me. I learned so much from this, and just had to post.

hehe I should have been doing my homework.. ;) Now back to it! Let me know if any of you have any questions about it or if you need any help yourselves! I am glad to help!

virus1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
Sites down:p

I'd like to see it though, see if you can get it back up.
Is it? Let me know if you are still having problems.

Thanks everybody! Havent really posted here in a few months. (These damn robots distracted me! :rolleyes:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.