I have to scroll down every time with 3rd party keyboards. Anyone else?

ehzool

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2014
I tried SwiftKey and Swype and every time I open a conversation, I guess the whole conversation loads fullscreen but then the 3rd party keyboard pops up, blocking the bottom/newer messages. The conversation doesn't automatically move up so you can see the newer messages. I have to scroll down every single time.

Does this happen to everyone else?

j7205

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
California
I tried SwiftKey and Swype and every time I open a conversation, I guess the whole conversation loads fullscreen but then the 3rd party keyboard pops up, blocking the bottom/newer messages. The conversation doesn't automatically move up so you can see the newer messages. I have to scroll down every single time.

Does this happen to everyone else?
I don't have SwiftKey or Swype installed on my iPhone 6 but do have ScribbleBoard installed and it is doing the same thing. Everytime I switch over to use ScribbleBoard, it seems like the message doesn't scroll up when the 3rd party keyboard pops up and I have to manually scroll the screen in order to see the last message.

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
The thing that annoys me is that when I select Swype or Swift Key, the Mic disappears so I can't dictate instead of type. I wonder if Apple stops 3rd party apps from accessing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.