Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atrac7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
.....to resolve the Macbook Pro 2010 (13") not being able to sleep when the lid is open. I even dl-ed this one app called "Please Sleep" that claimed to solve the issue to no avail

My energy saver power settings have me un-check marking the box that says "turn off hard disks when possible". I have my screen saver kicking in 5 minutes, display sleep going at the 10th minute, and then finally the computer sleep itself at 20 minutes. These are under the "plugged" in condition.

Often times I will leave my lid open, go off and do whatever. Come back to find the screen turned off, and no blinking sleep light. Instead i'll press some keys and find myself on the purple background/initial USER log in screen. Upon logging in all my initial boxes, windows, apps are closed and I am forced to re-open all of them all over.

Has anyone got any recommendations or solutions to this problem? Is it correct to assume that this is a widely recognized issue with the Uni-MBP?

Thanks

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Reinstall OS X.

I had a similar problem where it wouldn't sleep with the lid open, spent an hour with AC on the phone to find that there was a corrupt plist file, but even editing that didn't fix it--had to reinstall to fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.