I have tried everything!! osx 10.6.2 will not install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by timgarrett, Dec 8, 2009.

1. timgarrett macrumors newbie

hi guys i m having major problems with osx 10.6.2 i have tried installing the new update and also tried installing the combo update but it will not go in i keep getting an error message! i have downloaded it about 3 times combo and normal update and tried them all ! i have the new i mac 21.5 bought about 1 month ago.

i have also reinstalled from the new snow lepard disk with came with the new machine. i have read a lot of web sites trying and done evry thing that was suggested to solve this problem. What shall i do! any suggestions would be great!! thanks

One frustrated mac owner!!

Tim :mad:

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

3. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Did you try repairing disk permissions and using something like Disk Warrior or Drive Genius 2 to repair your HD?

4. timgarrett thread starter macrumors newbie

error message

i have tried using fix disk permissions via disk utility but no good?

here is a screen shot of my error message!!

Thanks
    tim

Attached Files:

5. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

You may have a corrupted system. I would suggest creating a new account with admin privs and use that account to install the combo update.

S-

6. timgarrett thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried that and still no luck! do you think i should get on to apple some how and see what they can suggest!

Im starting to get really upset with this now i have had apple for 8 years and this is the only one problem i have ever had!!

Thanks guys any more suggestions would be really helpful !!

Regards

tim