I have two iPhone 6 Plus' in my possession. Any reason not to open the other?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spazma7ik, Sep 24, 2014.

1. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

I had one preordered that was delayed and came on Monday so I grabbed the other on launch night. I can return either of them to the Apple Store even if opened, so why not open the other one and play with it and see if it perhaps has better battery or something, right?

Nobody seems to be biting on selling it for $200 over MSRP so I'd rather just return it than deal with anything less over Craigslist.

2. wepiii macrumors 6502a

3. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

What about this makes you think I'm kidding? Or hoping even.. Regardless of the way I return it to Apple they still ship it back and have it opened and repackaged as a white-box, so what the hell does it matter if I open it first? Really, I'll wait for a sensible response.

4. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

5. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I just sold 2 64gb plus Verizon models on Swappa.com for $1150 each.

6. mailboxbetacoin macrumors 6502

great dude... people have to wait weeks to receive their phones because of douchebags like you

7. mailboxbetacoin, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014

mailboxbetacoin macrumors 6502

Well first, I do have a 6 Plus, so your assumptions are wrong.

Second, you're missing the main point; now you've got two iPhones, including one you don't plan on using; but instead of returning it right away so somebody else in line can get their new iPhone too, you're wondering if you should open both to select the better one, and return the other one; and if that's not enough, you need to go tell us about it on this forum... if you don't understand what's wrong with that whole attitude, then

You know what, open the second one, bend the hell out of it, then go return it

8. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess you missed the part where I explained that even returning an unopened box, Apple still opens them.. You can't seriously think they just take them and give them to someone else when they don't know if the box has been thrown, opened and resealed etc. What now?

9. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

I like you. People are starting to lose the idea you need to put in effort to get what they want.

10. bozzykid macrumors 68020

11. wxman2003 Suspended

To OP, who cares? Really? Who cares? You started a thread that nobody cares about. Again, who cares? If you cease to exist, who cares? Nobody. Nobody. Merry Christmas.

12. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

Who cares about 99% of the things posted here pertaining to someone's specific situation? It's the nature of the board, no sense in wasting effort trying to beat a dead horse.

13. mailboxbetacoin macrumors 6502

You do seem like an expert at returning unopen items; you realize you contribute to these phones being so expensive by doing this kind of ****.

But again, you're missing the point; not sure if on purpose or not; you don't realize that there is something wrong in doing that, to the point of coming to tell us about this... that should be the kind of thing people are not proud about...

In any case, you came here to ask about what you should do, but you don't seem to want to hear what we have to say, you just wanted somebody to tell you " of course you should open both boxes and do a thorough test of both devices and pick the best one", so there you go, enjoy:

of course you should open both boxes and do a thorough test of both devices and pick the best one

14. MacKai macrumors regular

MacKai

Just return it so someone who has been waiting can get one.

15. mailboxbetacoin macrumors 6502

he never had the intention to return it before the end of the 2 weeks, just needed some validation... let's just hope he drops it when he opens the second box and gets charged an open box fee or something

16. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

Exactly. I say if the phone you are using now meets your satisfaction then there really is no reason to open the other one IMO. If there is something about the current phone that bugs you, anything at all, then yes, I would open the second one and see if it is better. I pretty much did the same thing the OP did - Apples pre order was a debacle and I ordered 2 phones because the first one I ordered wasn't delivered until today, the other phone I managed to get delivered on launch day. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

17. Brdl04 macrumors regular

Brdl04

You people don't get it. This is an opportunity for someone to show off that he has two phones that people want. The OP feels good knowing this. It's a psychological thing.

18. dBoPlay macrumors newbie

I'm going to second what the poster two above me said. If you don't have any actual issues with the one you've already opened and aesthetically it's to your satisfaction then there isn't much point in opening the second one.

As far as selling it goes if you think you the demand is there to flip it and you don't mind doing the additional legwork to sell it then go for it.

I don't understand what all the flaming is about. The tone makes it seem like the OP stole one of the damn phones. If I'm not mistaken the OP paid for both and can do as they please with them now.

If there's the demand for the product that people are willing to pay well above MSRP then I fail to see the problem. This is a brand new, just released phone. A luxury good. It's not as if they're price gouging some necessity for life like water, good lord.

19. lke macrumors 6502a

Keep one closed and in 100 years your family could sell it like diamonds.

20. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Damn where's the love? You people are ridiculous!!! He had every right to do what he did. Jeez.....spoiled much?!?!?! Go donate some money to a good cause or something

21. 617aircav Suspended

Right on point. Its a stupid thread to make. Should I open it. Whats the point of this question.

22. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

Open at your own risk

May result in ridicule by Android users and your peers (iPhone 6 users). If you read these forums, you may also be exposed to no less than 4 possible major issues with that phone. Tread lightly my friend, and good luck.

23. golfdude macrumors regular

Apple really needs to start charging a re-stocking fee, 10% or minimum of $50 , to curb stuff like this.

24. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Open the second one. Use both doing the exact same things for the exact same length of time for the duration of the return window and keep the one that has .0001 better battery life. Ya, great idea, open both.

25. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

I know at least in the apple retail store (US) they resell them if they are still in the cellophane. If its opened they can't. Had this discussion when I swapped my 6 plus for a 6. Someone wanted to buy my return but apple couldn't because it was opened. The guy had an unopened 64 gb 6 which is what I wanted (apple only had 128) and the apple guy said if he returned the 6 I could buy it.