I have Two Options for iPhone6Plus What Would You Do? Pre-Order or In Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VideoNewbie, Sep 12, 2014.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

At 12:01 am last night I had my finger on the refresh button trying to get the apple site to load, finally after a while the site loaded and i got halfway through the process before Apple's site told me that they couldn't reach their carrier systems, but that "my place in line " had been saved and that a phone was reserved for me- here is the email-

"Your iPhone has been reserved.
    We will email when we’re able to reach the carrier systems. The email will include instructions to complete your order as well as the return link. You will have 24 hours from the time the email is sent to return to the Apple Online store to proceed with your order. If you do not complete your purchase within 24 hours, your reservation will be canceled."

So tonight i tried to complete the order but unfortunately i see that even with my reservation the iphone 6 plus wouldnt be shipping until october! (picking it up in the store is greyed out and not available as an option during checkout)

My dilemma is do i go ahead and process the pre order and wait will mid october?

Or should I try my luck and try to pick up the phone in the store? i remember last year i didnt pre order and i was able to walk in after 6 pm and i had no problems getting the phone i wanted.

I wouldnt mind waiting til october actually but the trade in value for my iphone5s will decline with each week passing....

2. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

that's a tough call. if youre paying retail i would say go to the store on launch day and pick one up if you can, then refuse delivery of your preorder to cancel it. maybe? lol

3. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Id cancel and get a 6+ in store. You'll find one within 3 weeks if you live in a populated area. The reason i believe this is because of in store pick up. Last year someone made a site that tracked the apple store inventory so that may become available this year.

I purchased my 5S last year using that site 2 weeks after launch without any trouble.