I have VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. How do I burn them?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gsfgf, Jun 26, 2008.

1. gsfgf macrumors member

I am trying to copy some DVDs (that I own) to blank DL Discs. I used FastDVDCopy when I was using 4.7 gb DVDs, but it crashed on me when trying to copy the to the DL disc. Since the blank discs are about $2 each, this is turning into a expensive experiment. I read about using Disk utility to copy the discs, but that leaves DRM in place, which could be problematic. I assume that If I just burned the folders as a data disc, it wouldn't work in a DVD player. Is that correct?

I downloaded MacTheRipper and ripped a disc. Now I have the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. What do I need to do to burn these? All the info I can find says to use a pay program to compress it, but I don't want to buy another program, especially since I don't need to compress the files. I assume there's something in the OSS or freeware world that can create the disk image.

2. greatestash macrumors member

greatestash

you can now use Burn or LiquidCD software to burn DVD's. both software are free and you can download it from macupdate.com. i use Liquidcd to burn dvd from those folders. when u want to burn dvd, select dvd tab and it will ask to select the folder; just select folder which contains that video and audio_ts folder and it will copy the whole content on a dvd.

3. gsfgf thread starter macrumors member

When I tried LiquidCD it fails saying medium write error. Any of y'all know what's up with that.

I downloaded Burn, but when I go to Video, select dvd and add the movie (either the folder containing the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder, or just VIDEO_TS), it lists all the .vob files, but says Total Size: 396.8mb. I checked and VIDEO_TS is in fact 6.7gb on disk. I don't really want to waste another disc since this looks like it won't work. Anyone know how to use Burn?

4. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

i'm sure google holds the answer.

google search: (what you want to know) site:macrumors.com

there's about 100 of these threads.

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I agree with wyatt23 above- I think google may provide your answers regarding Burn. I can't answer that because I just use Toast to do the compression and burning to disk easily! :D

As far as the "medium write error" it just means your burner does not like either the brand of blank DVDs you are using, the speed you are trying to burn them at (too high), or you are using a disk type that is not supported by the burner (example would be some models of Macs that come with Superdrives that do not write to DL disks).

6. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Does anyone know if there's a way to see a movie from that files and not burn them and watch the movie from the cd?

7. cmcbridejr macrumors 6502a

cmcbridejr

Just drag those folders to the DVD Player and you can watch just like when you insert a DVD.