I haven't received my OS X Yosemite beta :(

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by davidgroyer, Jun 4, 2014.

1. davidgroyer macrumors newbie

I signed up my Mac to revive pre-released software updates when they first came available and I signed up for the new beta program. What should I do? When I signed up, the webpage said I would receive an email with the download, but nothing has been received.

Attached Files:

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

The Developer Preview is not the Public Beta.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple only released the beta to developers, you need to wait until they make it available to those who signed up to the public beta.

4. jmazzamj macrumors regular

As the user above me posted DP and public beta are not the same.
    As Apple stated during their keynote, the public beta will start the coming summer, not just yet.

5. Dave245 macrumors 601

As others have said, it's not the public version thats released yet. It will be later this summer i think. I'm guessing that the developer version thats out at the moment, is not as stable as the public version will be, Apple will release the public beta test just to iron out small bugs.

6. panzaman macrumors member

..besides, you are not loosing much, the beta is very laggy on my MacBook Retina late 2013. And 3rd party apps do not automagically use transparency and other stuff.
    Control's animations are still low fps and not perfected yet. Some minor apple apps have not been converted yet to the new look. Think of iOS 7 first beta. We should have something worth having by the 5th or 6th beta.

7. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Public Betas most likely won't be out until August. It has to be stable first - No hardware glitches and crashes.