Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
I have to use a Dell PC at work. I always used the Safari browser instead of Internet Explorer 7 because Safari renders web pages so much quicker. The day Google Chrome was released, I downloaded that just to give it a try. I haven't used Safari since!

Google Chrome seems to go even faster than Safari. I also love how the search bar and the address bar are the same thing. I use it so much, that when I get home and open up Safari, I just start typing a search into the address bar. I'm now patiently waiting for Google Chrome to be released for Mac.

Anybody else like Google Chrome?

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Same here. Safari would literally take minutes to open on my crappy Dell PC at work, but Chrome opens nearly instantly. :)

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
Same here. Safari would literally take minutes to open on my crappy Dell PC at work, but Chrome opens nearly instantly. :)

I don't understood why it takes Safari so long to open on my Dell either. The first version of Safari for Windows opened instantly for me. When Safari got an update a while back, it made it to where it takes at least 10 seconds to open.

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
USA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Hmmmm... I get the opposite.
I really like Google Chrome. However, it is extremely laggy with my laptop. Safari is usually quick and snappy on my Windows.
But overall, I think Chrome is a nice web broswer. I really like it's simplicity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.