I haven't used Safari on my PC since Google Chrome was released!

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by themoonisdown09, Oct 30, 2008.

1. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I have to use a Dell PC at work. I always used the Safari browser instead of Internet Explorer 7 because Safari renders web pages so much quicker. The day Google Chrome was released, I downloaded that just to give it a try. I haven't used Safari since!

Google Chrome seems to go even faster than Safari. I also love how the search bar and the address bar are the same thing. I use it so much, that when I get home and open up Safari, I just start typing a search into the address bar. I'm now patiently waiting for Google Chrome to be released for Mac.

Anybody else like Google Chrome?

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

Same here. Safari would literally take minutes to open on my crappy Dell PC at work, but Chrome opens nearly instantly. :)

3. themoonisdown09 thread starter macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I don't understood why it takes Safari so long to open on my Dell either. The first version of Safari for Windows opened instantly for me. When Safari got an update a while back, it made it to where it takes at least 10 seconds to open.

4. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Hmmmm... I get the opposite.
    I really like Google Chrome. However, it is extremely laggy with my laptop. Safari is usually quick and snappy on my Windows.
    But overall, I think Chrome is a nice web broswer. I really like it's simplicity.