I "heart" My iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OldSkoolNJ, Jul 26, 2007.

1. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

Well I want to be one of the limited who came on here and raved about his new toy. I received mine yesterday early in the morning but had a lot on my plate for the day so it sat on my desk until about 6. So then I toiled for about an hour as to whether it would be used as my work phone or my personal phone. So I made the decision and then went through the process. Save for a network hiccup on my end it wen through the itunes process quickly. Now I did end up getting a "Activation will take a little while longer and we will e mail you when complete" but a phone call to them later turn out they had problems, due to an electrical storm I believe. With in minutes my iPhone came to life thanks to her. First I wa so anxious I just synced my date over. I was very excited over this as I spent some time making my "Address Book" perfect. I have everything from a picture to, phone numbers, to myspace sites to anniversaries in each persons entry. I also utilize my calendar and bookmarks to their full capability. So needless to say I couldnt wait to see how this all transfers over. So I sent over the data and popped it off for a round around the house. It connected to my encrypted wifi no problem whatsoever and has great speed. The interface is gorgeous and with out flaw. EVerything works the way I want it to and even some ways I didnt expect even after some training on it and watching all the videos. I have big gorilla fingers so I am surprised to find myself happy with the typing. I need to learn to trust it and it works great. I then synced back up for some entertainment and some refinement in my bookmark organization. Everything synced over fine except for some videos I had encoded real high for AppleTV don't work with it but I didn't really expect them to. Again popped it off and couldn't be more pleased. Videos look amazing on it as well as the album art and a lot of my podcasts. Had the day off today so went out for a bit and ended up taking some pictures. I am a photographer so I am very picky and I think for a camera phone they are amazing pictures. I walked into a shop that had wifi and it jumped right on there again no problem. Started making and receiving phone calls and text messages and they sound .. well like they normally do on a well working phone which is fine for me. When I got back home it had jumped back on my network while I was still in the car so that really impressed me. It is just a fun little phone. Also I feel I will be alot more organized with having this. Just easily having access to this stuff will be great. I have used plenty of other phones and smart phones and they are just nothing like this. I am sure it is not for everyone but I love it. Ok enough blabbing ..... I just want to against the grain and come here and praise a product for once.

Kevin :apple:

Funny pic I snapped off today with iPhone while driving...

Attached Files:

2. Rumorist macrumors newbie

3. sirnick4 macrumors newbie

I heart paragraphs!

Congrats on the phone though. I'm glad you like it :)

4. speedballs macrumors member

5. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

looks like a '74?

6. MyJelleo macrumors 6502

LoL. The post is technically one large paragraph. Btw I'm typing this with my new iphone now :) I lick my iPhone.

7. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

I heart this button: [​IMG]
    :p

I'm glad you like the new phone though and you took the time to write about it. With all these problem posts, and negativity posts one would think the iPhone is the worst product since the invention of the square wheel.

8. JPyre macrumors 6502

hmm... glad to hear you like it, I do too. But, am I the only one that doesn't find the image funny. I mean wtf is "Chevrolet 73" ? I suppose if I lived around there I might know, but I've never seen a Chevy dealer named that way. I'm assuming it's a highway or road not dealer #73. And why 73 after Chevrolet? I mean "73 Chevrolet" sounds a hundred times better than "Chevrolet 73", neither sounds right though. Read it aloud, it just doesn't flow off the tounge. anyway....

9. severe macrumors 6502a

Ha!

I know where that dealership is, by the circle.

Grew up in the area. Been in So.Cal 12 years now.

Just got my iPhone yesterday. Love it too.

10. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

iPhone 2.0 will come with 3G, a GPS, and an automatic paragraph break!

All kidding aside, glad you like your purchase.

11. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I'm not sure that's the best way to scroll text on the iPhone.

12. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

If she's cute she can scroll my text anytime =D

If you're male then forget I posted! =D

13. OldSkoolNJ thread starter macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

OK ok .. har har har .... The one time I am uber lazy and just ramble on I am getting left and right. I was going to edit it but the responses are way way to much fun.

So yes the name of the Chevy place is exactly that Cheverolet 73. They are terrible and well known for it. How they stay in business is beyond me.

What you see is the front end of my 71 super beetle. She was gorgeous once. Beautiful House of Kolor Sundown Orange. Then some schmuck smacked into me on that very same road. All the metal work is redone but am searching for a painted to give her back her color.

Kevin :apple:

Here is what she looked like before and what she will look like again. Only difference now is I upgraded to DehP980 BlueTooth Pioneer Premeir Head Unit. I also got rid of the VW Vinyl symbol on the rear window.

Attached Files:

14. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

I too love my iPhone!

I feel obligated to post in any positive thread here since they are so rare. So many people bitching and moaning, but this is truly an incredible device and I am immensely happy with it!

15. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

I so agree...

100% mirrors my view...

16. sirnick4 macrumors newbie

I'll fourth that view. I love my iPhone. It's by far the BEST phone I've ever had. There are things that I use on the iPhone every day that I can't imagine not having now (Google Maps, Safari, Mail, etc.) on the go.

17. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yay thats great news mate !!!!!! i want my iphone to hurry up and arrive (about 6 months away :().

thanks for the awsomeo post :)

18. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Same here . . . my sister got her iPhone at the same time I did and, not only does she LOVE her iPhone but describes it as a necessity ;)

Anyway I TOTALLY agree with YOU :D

19. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

My iPhone, like my iPod is more like a smart pet than a piece of electronics. And it is easy to love them.

20. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Kevin, awesome photos. I still can't believe how good the photos turn out using the iPhone (in well lit areas anyway!) The quality is MUCH better then I expected. My wife also has an iPhone, and always used to say how "stupid" a camera on a phone was. NOW, she uses it a lot, and loves it.

Great thread by the way. Just a simple showing of love for this great device...

Brother, I'm going to join you, and give my iPhone a lick! :D

21. MyJelleo macrumors 6502

You'd be surprised.

22. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

I too love my iPhone and wouldn't trade it for any other phone out there.
    It has made me much more productive.