I honestly don't think MMS will ever be implemented.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by duelingdragons, Jan 27, 2009.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

I mean, if they haven't decided to add it by now, why would they bother doing it in the future?

Never change, Apple.

The outcry has been there since day one, and nothing has been done about it yet. I just don't see what would change where Apple would decide to add it out of the blue.

2. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

What a bold prediction...

3. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

4. stekerrod macrumors regular

to be honest i've been on iPhone since it first came to the UK in November 2007 and i thought i'd miss MMS but never really have, for me personally never been a major feature for a phone for me and when i do get an MMS off someone it don't take that long to go on the internet and look at the pic that way!

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Apple is going to force everyone else to support e-mail on their phones. It's painful for us now, but just wait 2 years. Everything will be e-mail and IMs and texting will matter less an less.

That willl be a better world to live in, us iPhone users just have to suffer some pain for a year or two to make it happen.

It's worth it.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Don't get me wrong, it IS a pain and I understand the people who complain. I do see their problem.

The way to hurry this up is to turn the tables: From now on, when anyone asks why they can't text a photo to your iPhone, everyone has to say "What? You don't have e-mail on your phone!? Geez."

Make THEM the bad guy and this process will go much faster!

8. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

9. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

If it doesn't go through a cell provider, it's not actual MMS.

10. Rich2k2 macrumors newbie

Or just download the MMS app off the app store and view all your MMS messages that way.

OK not good for sending but if you only view them like I do it's perfect!

11. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

The app you refer to is UK (O2) only.

12. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I tried that a while back - The reply I got was "Anyway. I got this awesome song I wanna Bluetooth to ya!" :mad::D

13. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

First, Id rather see a Landscape text/email keyboard, then you can bitch about MMS. Whats the point, its stupid.

"guiz guiz luk at meh pic i iz hawTT"

14. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Of course in a couple of years most people will simply be using the iPhone so MMS will no longer matter.:)

15. davyreins macrumors 6502

For the people suggesting that email will be the norm in the next two years: Are you suggesting that everyone will have email capabilities on their phone by that time (or at least a great majority of people)? If not, then MMS still seems like a better option for those who cannot afford a data plan (unless I'm missing something here).

Unless data plans that provide email access go down significantly in cost, I can't imagine lots of people getting it.

16. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

Seriously, no. Almost everyone hates the iPhone for what it couldn't do. Hear from alot of people who hate it or can't afford it if you can step outside of this Apple fan club bubble. I still love the iPhone though, but some annoying features that don't and won't exist will annoy ex-BB users and some normal cell phone user. Where's my video recording, Apple?

17. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Screw MMS, where is my ability to send more than 1 photo via email at a time.

18. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

What I don't understand is why there are people against the addition of a feature. By adding MMS, what exactly would you be losing? How would this lessen your iPhone experience? You'll still be able to send your pictures via email. Why the hate? And you say people whine about wanting MMS....

There's a bunch of apps in the App Store that can already accomplish this for you.

19. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I guess people don't realize that Video Mail is also apart of MMS. As is sending sound.

I saw a bunch of those apps and it seems a bit inconvenient to have to load another app to choose pictures when I am already in my photo library. Or if I am already in an email.

20. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Yes, but that is what the iPhone is all about. A skeleton crew of basic functions bolstered by 3rd party applications.

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

22. The Phazer macrumors 68030

No it isn't. And can't be, unless the SDK opens up an order of magnitude more functionality than Apple has so far.

That doesn't seem likely, so Apple will have to plug the gaps of it's half finished OS.

Phazer

23. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Well, to some degree, the 3rd party developers are bolstering the iPhone's functions. Even if they can't make the changes you want, they still are trying to do their best under these very restrictive set of rules. We'll have to see if Apple allows more freedom with the SDK, which may occur (but I won't be holding my breath). I would hope to think Apple still has plans for improving their half-baked OS.