I hope apple dose limit 1 per customer

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bige12, Mar 27, 2015.

1. bige12 macrumors 6502

bige12

I hope apple will only say 1 per customer, because that is not fair to some people and the supply might not be that great.

2. corlando465 macrumors member

I agree, but somehow someone will find a way to buy a bunch and sell for exuberant prices.

3. bige12 thread starter macrumors 6502

bige12

I think the pre-orders will be different for the Apple Watch you can do it online if you know what you want to get, or you schedule a 15 minute appointment so you can go to the apple store, and try the watch on and then pre-order it at the store on April 10. I'm just hoping the demand is not too high for the Apple Watch I really want to pre-order one and get it on the 24th.

4. Ries macrumors 68000

5. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

One per customer? Geez. Some of us have spouses, significant others, and kids.

Come now. That's a bit extreme. I do think that limiting it to 2 or 3 wouldn't be crazy at all.

----------

Steps to take:

Have Apple Store app open on your iPhone.

Wait until 12am Pacific Time (whatever that means to you, as I don't know your location).

Refresh app until it lets you in to place your order.

Order the watch of your choice.

Wait for delivery.

:)

It'll be fine. Don't worry. Just order it immediately. If you want to go try it on in the store after the fact, go for it. You can change your order there if you decide another watch would work better for you. This is what I've seen posted on Apple's web site and I assume it to be accurate. Just go for your best guess of which one you want and hope you're right.

I have NEVER been empty handed on launch day ever. And I will not be this time unless they just don't have any watches and I've lost my pre-order touch. LOL.

You must be vigilant, young Padawan. ;)

Do or do not. There is no try.

6. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

I'm ordering 3. I don't care what the policy is, I'll find a way to order 3.

This won't be like an iPhone launch. I don't' think you'll be able to flip one for a profit.. the only one that may give a small profit (I mean like $50) would be the dark aluminum one (space gray?)… can't remember the exact terminology for it as it's not one I want. :)

7. bige12 thread starter macrumors 6502

bige12

I do know that some people have spouse and sons, daughters and etc, that is fine if you want to buy 2, but for everyone else that dose not have any spouse, sons, or daughters and etc, then they should only buy 1

----------

I'm on the east coast of the US

8. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

There will always be scalpers. Scalpers mostly show up in stores and buy as many as the store will allow at one time, though.

This isn't quite like Ticketmaster.

You follow the steps I laid out here and you should be able to get a watch.

Which one is it you're wanting?

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

How is it not fair?

Apple's best interest is to make a profit, not to be fair.

[​IMG]

10. bige12 thread starter macrumors 6502

bige12

I planning on getting the 42mm Stainless Steel with the black sports band, then, wait a while then buy another band for the watch

11. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

You know what's not fair? The people who stand in line to buy one only to sell it online or overseas at 2X the price.

12. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

unless Apple decide to do a "fake"-shortage, there's no issue getting an Apple watch. Especially if you are getting a non-Sport model

13. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

How's that unfair? They stood in line. Paid the retail price. Who's this unfair to? The 15 people in the world who can't order online or go to a store?

14. bige12, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015

bige12 thread starter macrumors 6502

bige12

15. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Statistically speaking, half of wearable owners stop using them after six months.

So just sit back and wait a while for deals :)

16. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

You know what, you're right. It just sucks. has nothing to do with fairness.

17. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

as pointed out in the article, to me this is just hype to get people flooding to the stores so they can buy one before they run out.

marketing bulls**t

18. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I don't know if I agree with you. It took me 30 days after launch to get a 6+. Reports were coming in about limited stock before launch day and they ended up being true. I called 3-5 Apple stores every day for a week and none had the 6+ in stock. I finally ordered online and waited.

19. betabeta macrumors 6502a

Doesn't matter to me, one is being purchased through my business and one for home, but if I can, I will be getting 2 for home and the family.

I think it will be 2 per customer.

20. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I think one is a bit on the low side as some people plan on getting a SS and Sport. Or buy one for a family member. Or maybe buy a SS and a Sport as well as buy for a family member :eek:

Two per person should be fine though.

21. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

As noted by others above, a limit of one would be ridiculous. What if you want one for yourself and one as a gift? My wife's birthday is next month and as far as she knows, I'm just buying an Apple Watch for myself (because I've wanted one since September). She wants one too, but has decided to wait because she doesn't feel okay buying it for herself right now. If Apple enforced the policy you're suggesting I'd have to make a choice whether to buy one for myself or buy one for her, despite being fully capable of affording both.

Step outside your paranoid worldview and realize that there are plenty of people with legitimate reasons to want more than one Apple Watch.

22. AleXXXa macrumors 6502

AleXXXa

Exactly. Plus i think there gonna be lots of refurbished watches, probably starting at $249-299.

23. bige12 thread starter macrumors 6502

bige12

There will be no walk ins to purchase the Apple Watch at the Retail stores so no camping, Just need to make a reservation, On Pre-order day, or release day. So I was kind of right

24. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Given the price of mine £949 it'll be in stock. It'll be the sports models that fly out