I hope the FedEx guy doesn't screw this up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Snowman3459, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

I just received a preview of how idiotic my local FedEx guy is.

I needed a new DirecTV box which I guess is shipped by FedEx.

Unlike normal people, who will bring it to your door, he decided to be lazy and hang the bag in which the box was in (I'd say at least 5 pounds), on the door opening of my mail box...

I watched it fall.

He tried again.

He finally decided to go to the door when he realized I just watched him be a retard.

Now I know that isn't iPhone related, but my only safety from another idiotic moment like this is that I must sign for it when it delivers. I WAS thinking about pre-signing for it...but after what I just saw...I really don't think I want to.

Just thought I'd share.

2. nparmelee macrumors 6502

You do need to sign for the iPhone, hopefully he'll bring it to your door.

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

But, he is a human, so he can be careless at sometimes. Also, he drops things just like any of our friends and wives drop our Beloved stuffs. So, you just pray.

4. norwegian wood macrumors regular

the way the phone is packaged in that box he could punt it to your door from the curb and it will all be fine

5. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know you have to sign for it. But believe me if you just saw what I saw, I really wouldn't be surprised if he took the pre-sign form and then attempted to hang it on my mail box. I mail box is a good distance away from my house sooo it could be easily taken.

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I would say that the delivery guy is the least abuse the package receives in transit.

7. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

You didn't see how the guys in the loading bay were playing soccer with it at the FedEx warehouse in honor of the world cup.

8. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Where I work I have to unload trucks often.

Believe me, the driver is the least of your worries.

9. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm not exactly worried about it being broken more then I am it being stolen.

10. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

Pics or it didn't happen....:cool:

11. bigreat macrumors member

lol, airport?

12. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

hahaha, no. I do have a friend that works at the airport and he has some stories that routinely make my head wanna explode.

13. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Makes me feel comfortable lol.

14. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

Well last year my fedex guy dropped my 3GS when he was walking up to my door...I was gonna kill him

15. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

My 3GS didn't make the delivery and went back to the sorting plant about 1.5 hours from my house. I called to complain and some manager showed up at my house with his own car about 2 hours later at 8:30PM. He apologized and handed me that package. He said it was a crazy day.

16. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I have to do things like this every now and then where I work. It sucks to have to take credit for someone else's screw-up, but it's always cool when the customer realizes you went out of your way to try to rectify the problem. Usually they're cool about it- naturally sometimes you get the people who are just never happy no matter what.

After we all get our orders this week I'm sure we will have some good stories hahaha:D

17. ontheDL macrumors member

Fedex SUCKS. I've ordered two macbook pros from apple and both were left on the doorstep without even asking for a signature. The first time the guy didn't even ring the doorbell.

Awesome.

18. xtend macrumors regular

Thats why i'd never pre-sign. So much can happen. theft, example above, etc...

19. Excluse macrumors member

this made me lol.

20. TapTapps macrumors newbie

I worked at UPS while in college and would watch packages continually get dropped, kicked, stepped on and worse when volumes were high. I also saw people do things like play baseball with a poster tube and a small package or try to kick field goals into the back of a trailer while on break.