I Hope The New API's Aren't The Next Push...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaGreat01, Apr 28, 2010.

1. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

I REALLY hope that app developers are on it this summer with updating their apps. I remember last year when we had to wait months for apps to add push notifications **cough cough** facebook.

The thing with Apple's multitasking solution is that it is 100% on the backs of the developers, so if they dont add it, we wont have it.

So Apple Developers...pretty please be ready to go on launch day! :) ;)

2. Rhalliwell1 macrumors 6502a

To take a different opinion on this. View what you call 'launch day' as 'launch day for developers' and the the release date for the improved apps will be determined by the developer. These updates are given for free remember!

3. nateharr macrumors 6502

Push notifications were a big deal, but not so much to the average consumer. They aren't really required for the app to function and if you didn't enable them you wouldn't know they exist.

Multitasking and the app switching toolbar will quickly become the number one way people access their apps. I bet Apple pushes this feature and depicts it excessively in all of their demos when you go to the AT&T and Apple Stores. I think the increased focus on multitasking will encourage developers to enable their apps for it sooner than later.