I hope the rumors of the 5.5" version being "premium" are not true

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lifetimechaldo, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Lifetimechaldo macrumors member

I hope both sizes are the same, because if they are I would much rather have the 4.7 inch. 5.5" is just to big.

I also really hope the rumors of them dropping the 16gb are true. I paid $300 for my 32gb iPhone 5, so it would make sense if the pricing stayed the same and the 5.5" 32gb phone was $100 more.

32gb/64gb/128gb 4.7" = $200/$300/$400
    32gb/64gb/128gb 5.5" = $300/$400$500

If they stick with making 16gb start at $200 (4.7") and $300 (5.5"), I probably wont buy either, as I would have to by $400 for a 32gb 5.5", which is too much.

If the 5.5" version is in fact a lot better/has more features, I probably would bite the bullet and pay the extra $100, but like I said I would much rather have the 4.7" version if they are exactly the same besides the size

2. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I don't see the point of worrying about such things. Let Apple make the announcement first, why speculate when you can just wait. Then if it's true you have something to bitch about.

3. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

It really depends how premium is defined, isn't it?

I could certainly see Apple throwing an additional level of storage in the larger phone at a whopping $1049 retail or $599 on contract in order to drive up ASP.

4. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

The higher the options; the more premium it is and the more profit Apple gets. It a win-win for Apple! If you want a "premium" model Apple; chances it will be the 5.5" but they could again reconsider and make both have the same options; which would be a win-win for Apple too.

Or they could do something different this year and fix it the following year to drive demand for the next generation models. It all in the marketing strategy.

You know that Apple has a least a 3-4 year future road map of their product cycle already for the iPhone up to iPhone 7S.

5. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

Exactly right. I'd be very disappointed if the smaller model had less RAM, a lesser camera or reduced processing power. But other things like starting out with higher capacities of storage isn't important to me.

6. dextr3k macrumors 6502

I think the iPad mini with retina and the iPad Air make for a great case that the 2 sizes will be exactly the same insides, with price differences only for the different sized screens.

But no one knows whats going to happen until they are released.

7. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

Would be....

true, based in evidence on the eyes of Apple, that more people are interested in pay a "bigger-screen-premium"....:eek:

:):apple: