I hope the the new OSs come out sometime next week

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by bige12, Sep 3, 2015.

1. bige12 macrumors 6502

bige12

I would be nice if Apple release the new iOS 9, Watch OS 2, and El Captian next week after the keynote

2. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

iOS/watchOS very soon after the keynote. OS X El Capitan though won't be until October. (OS X release is usually October)

3. afsnyder macrumors 65816

I'm pretty sure they set a date to release the OS which is a week before the hardware. Usually the hardware is released two weeks after the keynote.

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I never said that wasn't the case. The OP included OS X in his post and I was saying not a chance for El Cap to be 1 week after the keynote coming up. That is usually always a month later in October.

5. madara889 macrumors 6502

madara889

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

GMs will be out next week. iOS 9 and watchOS 2 public release will be the week after. El Capitan could see a GM release next week but probably not until October with some new Macs.

7. kshen1 macrumors member

kshen1

Exactly as batting said. That's usually how the releases go...But there have been rumors floating around that Apple might release OS X EC early this year? But we'll find that out in a few days time give or take.

8. hounslowfish macrumors regular

9. bige12 thread starter macrumors 6502

bige12

It is strange that the Watch OS2 and iOS9 release on September 16, and the El Captiain release on the September 30, I know it makes sense for the iPhone and Apple watch to come out early.

10. chrfr macrumors 603

There was a full month between iOS 8 and Yosemite's release. It's not really strange that there's a difference.