I hope they fix this 2 year old bug in OS 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sd2009, Mar 15, 2009.

1. sd2009 macrumors 6502

Now let me first tell you that this has happened to me on EVERY iPhone OS since early 2008 (1.1.3 or something?)
    And it happened on EVERY iPod Touch version of the iPhone OS since I first got my touch in Oct 07 (before getting an iPhone in early 2008)

EVERYTIME I create an on-the-go playlist with a bunch of tracks...the iPod app crashes and goes back to the home screen. This has happened on all of the OS's above on 1 iPod Touch and two iPhones.

Now luckily this does not mean I lose the songs I have added to the playlist up until the crash, but it is still very irritating and – although I haven't done any experiments, exactly – it happens EVERY SINGLE time as far as I remember. Unless I'm making a small playlist. Yesterday it did it after only adding about 12 songs to the playlist.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Because I assume its been in the iPhone since 07 and there is still not fix for it.

2. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Use it all the time and have never had it happen on either my Touch or 3G iPhone. Is there any chance that you are adding a track that might be corrupt to the playlists? I know its unlikely that you would have added the same track to all the playlists that you have created over the years but who knows.

3. sd2009 thread starter macrumors 6502

No I have definitely not added the same track each time. In fact, my musical tastes have changed a lot in 2 years.
    I am so so surprised that you have never had this happen!
    I'm going to do some experiments right now to see if I can recreate the bug each time. I'll report back shortly.

4. sd2009 thread starter macrumors 6502

ok I just added about 40 songs and it didnt crash. Weird.
    Then I added ALL songs (songs > add all songs) and it didnt crash so its definitely not a corrupt song.
    I already had songs in the on the go playlist though and I cleared it. Maybe it only happens after syncing and theres nothing there. I'll try that later.