Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZestyOne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2009
Paradise
I installed the helix theme for the battery lock screen. the actual screen is really awesome, but it also changes the button that you hold and drag into some really gay and ugly green glowing circle. I'd like to just revert only the slider button, but leave all the rest. can i SSH and delete the custom png or something, or replace with the default?

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
If you installed the theme using winterboard SSH into the phone and follow the bath below...

var > stash > Themes > Theme Name > Bundles > com.apple.TelephoneyUI

Then rename the images starting with bottom barknob****.png. I don't recommend deleting them as you may want them later. Just add "old" or something like to the end of the file and they will no longer work. Once these are gone the default bar will be used.

One note, if you installed the theme using Cydia when/if it updates your changes will probably be gone and the bar knob will be back.

ZestyOne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2009
Paradise
If you installed the theme using winterboard SSH into the phone and follow the bath below...

var > stash > Themes > Theme Name > Bundles > com.apple.TelephoneyUI

Then rename the images starting with bottom barknob****.png. I don't recommend deleting them as you may want them later. Just add "old" or something like to the end of the file and they will no longer work. Once these are gone the default bar will be used.

One note, if you installed the theme using Cydia when/if it updates your changes will probably be gone and the bar knob will be back.

THanks! Very helpful : )

what exactly do you mean about the updates? When cydia sees an update for the theme? Or cycdia updates in general to anything

ZestyOne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2009
Paradise
THanks! Very helpful : )

what exactly do you mean about the updates? When cydia sees an update for the theme? Or cycdia updates in general to anything

btw where do i install a lock screen without winterboard? im uninstalling that **** because it made my fonts look like a ass, even with the white overlay on and hacking the plist to have text-shadow.. just not the same. made me realize why apple puts so much time into things, cause its perfect as it is

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.