I installed New Ram into the New MacBook Pro...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pjq1215, Oct 23, 2008.

1. pjq1215 macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,

I installed New Ram into the New MacBook Pro yesterday here are the SPECS: :apple: Patriot 4GB (2 x 2GB) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Dual Channel Kit Laptop Memory. I ordered it from NEW EGG and installed it as the delivery guy was handing it to. I was highly upset when it didn't work :confused: I am pretty sure if you go onto the apple site it says exactly what I typed up top. After I tried to boot it up all it did was Beep so I figured it was the RAM, so then I pulled it out and booted up with the old RAM and Bingo it booted up. Can someone please tell me if you recently upgraded the RAM on the new macbook pro yet, and if so what name brand and specific specs you used for the RAM upgrade. Thank you.

2. smukkebenne macrumors member

Scary. I ordered the exact same RAM type, but from Crucial instead. It hasn't arrived yet, but my MBP won't be here before tomorrow either...

3. pjq1215 thread starter macrumors newbie

Did you recieve your Macbook pro yet and install the RAM?

4. smukkebenne macrumors member

Yes i did receive everything, but one of the eight screws was so tight that couldn't loosen it. I'll have to get a new and hopefully better screwdriver tomorrow, and then i will let you know.

5. dyler macrumors member

Install in MacBook from Crucial

Hello

I have a new macbook (not pro) that I installed this memory from crucial no problem. Sounds like you got some bad ram from newegg.

6. smukkebenne macrumors member

After getting a new screwdriver, I am now posting this with 4GB of RAM in my MBP. Everything works perfectly. As said before your RAM must be bad.