I jailbroke it, and unlocked it. why won't the microsim work? help please!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chrissycrum, Jul 9, 2011.

1. chrissycrum macrumors newbie

Hey so I brought my american iphone 4 4.3.3 to Germany. I jailbroke it using pwnage and cydia loaded, so i downloaded ultrasn0w. So, it should be unlocked right? wrong! I tried to put in a prepaid microsim in the german vodaphone shop and it wouldn't work. we tried the microsim in other phones and it worked with them. Does anyone else know what I can do to keep my iphone? I am out of ideas... short of selling the thing on ebay and buying an unlocked one.... :(

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    An iphone that has been on official 4.3.3 cannot be unlocked with ultrasnow.
    Only if it had its baseband preserved from firmware version 4.0.2 or below.
    Go to settings/general/about
    If your modem firmware is not 01.59.00 then it CANNOT be unlocked with ultrasnow.
    Only option would be to buy a gevey turbo sim.
    Or like you mentioned sell it and buy a factory unlocked one so you dont have to worry about it any more.

3. alectheking macrumors 6502a

when did you buy it, cause I hope you realize apple started selling them factory unlocked a couple weeks ago in the USA right?

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Your phone can't be unlocked with ultrasn0w because it does not have the 1.59.00 baseband. You'll need to unlock with Gevey or sell this phone and purchase one that is factory unlocked.

The only micro-SIM cards that will work in your phone are the ones that come from your carrier. Unless you unlock.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

At the risk of getting a warning:

GHD.png

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

What are you trying to imply here?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Ah, it's from the movie Groundhog Day where Phil (Bill Murray) is stuck in time and everyday is February 2nd. At the start of the loop his behavior becomes increasingly bizzare and this pic is when he kidnaps the groundhog (but he eventually comes to terms with his predicament).

I read Applejuiced's response and then awadee's which both had the similar, correct answer and it made me think of the show. Sorta like deja vu...

9. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Okay that makes sense now! I loved that movie, I just couldn't figure out for the life of me why you were posting a picture of it. :p