I Jailbroke my iPod...but now....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bns1201, Oct 15, 2007.

1. bns1201 macrumors member

Nothing i working for me....i dont know how to use terminal....and im using Cyberduck. When copying the folders of the iPhone apps into the Applications folder in my Ipod using SSH , nothing comes up on the ipod screen. Im even rebooting yet nothing comes up. Please dont tell me to go to another thread because i already have and have no idea what theyre talking about. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. baummer macrumors 6502a

Hi there. Let's see if we can get it figured out.

1. Which guide did you use to jailbreak your Touch?

2. Does your Touch go past the apple logo when you turn it on, or...

3. Is it just the iPhone apps not showing up, or all of them...?

3. bns1201 thread starter macrumors member

i used iJailbreak.

I then through installer added the apps NES, Lights off, and TTR.

Then i opened an STFP through cyberduck and uploaded the unzipped iphone apps onto the application folder.

Everything works still, yet the iPhone apps are not coming up. please help!

4. baummer macrumors 6502a

When you say not comping up, do you mean you don't see them at all on your SpringBoard, or they won't launch (two different things).

If you don't see them at all:

Within Cyberduck, navigate to the / directory. You should see a list of all folders. Double-click Applications. Do you see folders for the iPhone apps in there? Weather.app, Mail.app, etc?

If they won't launch, you might need to open a Terminal connection to your Touch and set the permissions:

1. Launch Applications > Utilities > Terminal on your Mac

2. Type this command and press enter (where -l is a lowercase L and and ipod.ip is your Touch's IP [to find this go to your Touch and select Settings > WiFi > Tap your connected network > IP]):
    It will ask for a password. If you didn't change it, the default password is alpine

3. Type this command into Terminal and press enter (if it is successful it will open a new line):
    If you get a glob6 error, type this and press enter:
    4. Now restart your iPod Touch (power off and then turn back on) and see if that fixed it.

5. bns1201 thread starter macrumors member

[​IMG]

thats what ive done so far an nothing else has come up....rebooted and still nothing. is my touch supposed to be off when im doing this or can i leave it on like ive been doing

6. bns1201 thread starter macrumors member

7. baummer macrumors 6502a

So I assume then that they're not launching? Or do you not see ANY icons?

8. baummer macrumors 6502a

There's your problem. Rename all things ending in 2 to .app. So, Weather 2 should become Weather.app. Try that, reboot your Touch, and see if that works.

9. bns1201 thread starter macrumors member

baummer....you are the ish.....that worked like a charm thanks a lot man.....I have other problems if youre willing to help.

Everytime i load a new theme on to summberboard, the bottom dock gets pushed up to the top ....then i have to delete SMB and the problem is solved...know why this is happening?

edit: now that im playing with it....mail and maps wont load up they crash b4 i can play with them.

10. baummer macrumors 6502a

You're welcome! Glad they're working. I had the same problem with SummerBoard. Go to www.apptapp.com/summerboard and download the alpha. Then read the INSTALL file in the zip. You basically have to drag over things using Cyberduck. It's pretty clear in the INSTALL file, but if you get stuck, ask away...

11. bns1201 thread starter macrumors member

yea....followed the instal file perfectly yet the dock is still at the top....and like i said mail and maps arent working

12. skir0987 macrumors regular

13. baummer macrumors 6502a

You'll need the frameworks. Follow the link the poster above me gave. Copy them to the right places with Cyberduck.

14. IpodFanatic macrumors newbie

:confused:do u have to do all the ssh stuff even when u use jailbreakme.com directly ur ipod cuz im lost
    thx in advance..:cool::)

15. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

Not if you use a repository with the Apps and preparers in it on installer. PM me for info.