I just bought 2011 27" Imac.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by whlee27, Jun 14, 2012.

1. whlee27 macrumors newbie

Hi, all.

I am just tired to wait the new 2012 Imac. As soon as I realized no Imac mentioning in WWDC 2012, I decide to purchase a CURRENT imac.

I think it's better decision for my mental health.

Tag: I can still refund it and wait. What should I do..:confused:

2. Nandifix macrumors 6502

Just enjoy it. The screen resolution will likely b ethe same on the expected 2012 model so it will only be performance that will be different .

3. necromorph macrumors regular

necromorph

You've bought it now bud, keep it and enjoy :)

My mental health is steadily degrading while waiting for the new iMacs :(

4. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

Keep and enjoy! A fine machine that will serve you well for many years.

5. ThisIsMe macrumors regular

just keep and enjoy. On my way to pick one myself.

6. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Enjoy it and move forward.

Never look back, there is nothing behind you but a bunch of people waiting for something that may not come anytime soon.

7. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

If you could wait this long, another month couldnt hurt?

Its not about Apple, its about Intel. Apple needs to have new chips to put in a new iMac. Ivy is just now showing up across all makers, just a matter of time for the iMac.

USB 3 would be worth the wait for me.

Sometime in the next monthish iMacs will:
    get Ivy
    get USB 3
    get a nivida

and thats it

8. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

That's still just a rumor. There has been nothing solid saying they were new ones coming next month.

9. Poki macrumors 6502a

Poki

And the problem isn't Intel, it's NVidia. All Ivy Bridge Chips are now available, but the GT 670/680M aren't available in big quantities right now. So Apple has to wait like any other hardware manufacturer.

10. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

You never know. They haven't always gone with identical options. They could use the 7970m.

11. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

So take your pick. =)

Again, it really has nothing to do with Apple.

Theres no "rumor" about the *fact* that the iMacs will get the things I listed. Reality check. month. 2 months. No more.

12. jvette macrumors 6502

jvette

So here I sit on my 2007 24" iMac that works perfectly and gives me no reason to upgrade until it dies. There have been many upgrades since I purchased this one and I have to say I have not once been unhappy with my choice. Just enjoy what you have and see how long it will last for you. I'm impressed that mine is still fast and works great after 5 years. I have done a couple of wipes of the hard drive and reinstalls but thats about it.

13. jmhart macrumors regular

I'd say unless you're going to be gaming, or really want or need USB 3.0, you're not losing anything you'll notice going with a 2011.

14. plucky duck macrumors 6502

If you're the type to upgrade your iMac every two years or so, then your starting point, whether it be a 2011 or 2012 iMac, in grand scheme of things wont make that much of a difference, as generation to generation only offers very incremental changes. Unless USB 3.0 is a must, or you crave retina or a larger screen immediately then stay the course. Ask yourself if you're willing to fork over another $400-$600 on top of what you're paying right now?

The rumors floating around, the specs you may desire, may very well not be on the 2012 iMac. With a 2-3 yr upgrade cycle, you're more to be "WOW"ed by your upgrade and get better value for your money.

That's how I would justify my purchases/upgrades personally.