I just bought a Aluminum Macbook For 1000!!!! But comfused

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by KillerMac, Jan 4, 2009.

1. KillerMac macrumors newbie

KillerMac

Yes it is true so i bought my Macbook on December 31 for $1000 thanx to the reason that the store that i had bought my macbook made an error in there advertised prices online and they had to stick to there price even though it incorrect.:eek::D

I am new to mac i have never owned a mac in my life. Of course i know the basic otherwise i wouldn't have bought a macbook. But now some one is telling me that there is a "snow leopard" coming out and new software thats going to be abailable very soon.

My question is will i have to pay to upgrade to the new snow leopard even though its going to be released less than a week since i bought my mac. Or will snow leopard just be presented and not released until later in the year.
    please give me some advice

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

It probably won't be released until later in the year.

3. gotzaiPhone macrumors member

Can't tell ya when snow leopard will come out, but I can tell you that it will cost ya. Its a new OS, not just an upgrade to OSX 10.5.

4. Doju macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

We don't know when Snow Leopard will be released but it's estimated to be fairly soon.

You will have to pay $129 to upgrade from Leopard.

5. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

yes you will have to pay to upgrade

Enjoy your mac. you will never go back.

Snow leopard will not be that much different than the current leopard. So dont worry.

6. finnschi macrumors 6502

Don't worry, the New Snow Leopard will probably be 100$ and will not come out until later this year! :D (it will probably be announced at macworld! :apple: )

you got a great deal there! :apple:

7. KillerMac thread starter macrumors newbie

KillerMac

Ok so it will be presented but not released thats good to know:cool: How about ilife will it be released soon and What do you think of the price i got on my :apple:

8. Jiten macrumors 6502a

Jiten

Don't worry about upgrading to Snow Leopard too much. The current version of Leopard is already pretty good with all the revisions. I suggest you wait until the early adopters get Snow and report all the bugs and when Apple fixes it you can upgrade with no problems. :)

You got a great deal with your Macbook!

9. finnschi macrumors 6502

its a good price, I paid about 940$ for mine, with a free iPod touch!
    Got the Press(i work for a picture agency) and the Student Discount(and I am a student) , and also i did write the Tax off ..., (which is 19% in Germany) :D and its too the 2,4 Ghz Version