I just bought a Macbook Pro and Q's regarding safety.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RiotNOR, Jul 5, 2008.

1. RiotNOR macrumors newbie

Hey!

This is my first post here! I usually frequent Norwegian Mac-based forums, so excuse my English.

I got my first mac in the form of an iMac 24" in September 2007. After that, I've been pretty much using (and abusing, mind you) my iMac instead of my power-hungry beast of a Windows box.

I've now ordered myself a Macbook Pro with a 17" screen, high-resolution glossy, and rest stock. Just the wait is killing my inner child.

As I wait, I want to spend some more money on Apple-certified accessories and others, but I have no idea what to buy. I wouldn't mind something to protect the top of the MBP while not looking out of place (i.e. red plastic over a gray/silver machine), yet, I have no idea which ones are good to go with. Can any of you recommend a certain brand or model? :)

I also want to hook the MBP up to my HDTV, but how would I go about doing that? I wouldn't mind using a VGA pc-port, but HDMI would be lovely. Anyone have any pointers towards where to get one of these?

Also, anything I should be aware of when it comes to the MBP? :p I plan on taking it with me everywhere I go, so I hope it won't die due to too much shaking/movement.

Thanks for any help. Oh, and sorry for the informality. Its 90 degrees here -- inside. :(

EDIT ADD: Oh, and perhaps a cable to get digital sound for my 5.1 soundsystem? Is there such a thing for the MBP?

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

hi, welcome to the forums (and may i say your english is far better than most native speakers on here!)

i think we all know that feeling...

this is very good and well reviewed, and perfectly clear, with free international shipping

a dvi to hdmi adapter will work. but the macbook pro does not support HDCP so protected HD content will not play on the TV

i carry my mbp with me 6 days a week, each week. and its fine.

the mbp supports optical audio out of the headphone socket, go to a local cable supplier