I just bought a MacBook...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mjmar, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

This is my first time using a Mac, and all that I have to say is WOW! This thing is AMAZING. I was very hesitant on the MacBook due to the screen size, but I can't even notice it. I just have a few questions... First, how do I make my windows iPod a Mac iPod and transfer all of my music? Also, I can't figure out how to sign into iChat with my aim screen name. Other than that, the transition has gone VERY smoothly. I've never used a computer that was this fast! Thank you everyone for all of your help and advice... I am one very happy customer.

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Congratulations, and welcome aboard. :D

1) iTunes help pages have an article with info on migrating music. Do a search on the Apple support site or here on MR and you will find plenty of info.
    2) I think in the preferences for iChat, you can tell it to use AIM.

Good luck!

3. m.a.c.b.o.y macrumors member

yeah, for ichat, just go to preferences and then go to accounts and set it up with your aim

4. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Congratulations. You will be having fun with your new toy for a long time. Are you sure you want to convert your ipod to mac? I am a total mac user for over a year now but have not changed my windows ipod. It just works too good to change.

5. apple. macrumors member

which model did you get :)

oh for the ichat just go into iChat Menu > Preferences > Accounts > the little + symbol:]

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

There is no distinction between the two. I don't think that you even have to reformat going from Windows to OS X.

7. balk macrumors member

Plus, you can still use it as a floppy disk in case you need to transfer something to a windows machine. Downside is that you need a windows pc to upgrade iPod firmware.

8. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

I got the 2.4ghz. white model... A lot of people on the forums like the black better, but I like the white one.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

10. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Yup congrats and preferences will be your best friend for finding answers lol.

ChrisN

btw have the forums been acting sluggish to anyone else? I'm thinking its my only internet but idk.

11. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

you do

12. stone315 macrumors regular

yes. on pc, macbook, and iphone. on iphone it's been telling me i can't connect to the server every now and then. i thought it was just me.

13. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Will this just fix on its on?

ChrisN

14. apple. macrumors member

i like the black.
    but its your macbook, so its your choice.

15. stone315 macrumors regular

no idea. sometimes it works completely fine, other times it stalls. idk. maybe cause it's such a popular site, especially with all the current debate over new products/notebook refreshes, the site has too much traffic?