I just bought a new itouch from best buy

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by arvind:, Nov 23, 2008.

1. arvind: macrumors newbie

its the latest version, so is there any way to jailbreak it? if there is, could you please give me a tutorial on how to do it

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

unfortunately the new iPod is currently not hackable, the dev team who are working on it have put the ipod on the back burner while they progress with unlocking the 3G

3. J.Rod macrumors newbie

i also just bought an itouch 2nd gen nd was wondering bout jailbreaking it, but im still not sure wether i should do it, is there a high chance of damaging it??

(im new to ipods so i kno very little bout dem lol)( i no jailbreaking ver. 2.2 is not available yet but i was juss asking for advice if there are any downsides to jailbreaking )

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

ok firstly it doesn't damage the ipod

and 2.2 has already been jailbroken. If you had read my post I clearly said the new ipods are not hackable at present. The 1st gen ipods are because theres a hardware exploit being used which means all future 1st gen firmwares will continue to be jailbreakable.

the 2nd gen iPod do not have this hardware exploit and therefore unjailbreakable as of yet

5. KrazyKuul macrumors regular

today, i upgraded to iPod 2.2 firmware, and it deleted cydia from my previous 2.1 jailbreak. I went back into QuickPWN, which i had saved on my computer, and tried to jailbreak it. It finished loading the firmware, but the little green check never came up, so I couldnt continue. I also noticed the small print on the bottom saying something like 2.0-2.1 firmwares only.

I downloaded QuickPWN again from the internet, everything looked the same, but this time the green check came up, and everything went successfully.

My iPod Touch is a 1st Generation with 2.2 firmware, so give quickpwn a try.

the only damage it could do is delete all your music... and of course, successful or not, if you send in a broken iPod touch with any jailbreaking files on it, they will not fix it. it voids your warranty.

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

7. KrazyKuul macrumors regular

me?

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

9. KrazyKuul macrumors regular

no

sorry for the late reply, its a 1st gen