I just bought a printer....

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jakochampolska, Aug 12, 2007.

1. jakochampolska macrumors 6502

A Canon MP810 All-in-one printer, and I'd like to be able to print from my macbook pro wirelessly and print wirelessly from my mom's hp laptop. Is this possible? The guy who sold it to us said it was possible and that all you need is a "bluetooth adapter", which I bought. Even with that it doenst want to connect to my MBP wirelessy.
    What should I do? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    Thanks for you help!

2. showtime macrumors 6502

I don't this printer can do what you want it to do for you. After a quick glance at the specs of the printer I didn't see any mention of networking capabilities.

I assume you want to be able to hook up the printer to your wireless router and print from anywhere in your house. This only works if the printer has built-in networking (should be a ethernet jack on the printer that also connects to the router).

With bluetooth you can print wirelessly but both computers would have to have bluetooth on it to be able to connect with the printer and it must be within 10 feet of the printer.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You need to place it close to both computers, enable Bluetooth on each machine, including the adapter for the printer, and pair the adapter with each computer and enable the adapter on the printer.

4. jakochampolska thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks guys, but how do you enable bluetooth on a MBP? I'm trying to use the bluetooth wizard but it says it doesnt find any printers.

5. showtime macrumors 6502

you probably have to ready the printer to be paired with your mbp. Look around the bluetooth settings on your printer.