Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
New York
When I saw the phone it looked great and it was in good condition. However, when i took the screen protector.....I see alot of dust particales under the sceen. The phone has not been unlocked or JB. My serial number is xx835xxxxxx. Is this device still under warranty? I would like to replace the device. I have pay as you go for att......is at at all possible?

TheMBC

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
I suppose you can if you go to an Apple store, setup an appointment or something.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
It should be under warranty still since the first day it was released (July 11, 2008) is still less than a year from today, meaning the 1-year warranty still applies. I have a friend who was able to get his iPhone 3G with dust under the screen exchanged for a new one and have read many accounts online of this happening as well. Since it's not jailbroken or unlocked and you have an AT&T SIM in it, you should have no problem getting it taken care of at an Apple store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.