Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danger! Will

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2003
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Hi, I just wanted to share that last night I bought my first Apple. I chose the Mini Mac 1.42GHZ with 512mb of ram and Applecare.

It only has 256mb installed right now because the person who was able to install the ram had allready gone home after i bought it. I don't know why people say Apple computers are slow. This thing is amazing. I sold my Emachines with a 2.2GHZ Celeron Processor 512mb of ram and XP Pro. This seems just as fast. I can run multiple applications at once. EXPOSE is really cool. So to any switcher I say the Mac Mini is the perfect choice. Still haven't messed around with GarageBand. But I had to share this thing is awesome.

Here's what I paid at the Apple Store (Chandler, AZ) :
$599 Mac Mini
$149 AppleCare
$150 512MB
-$150 To buy Applecare and 512mb Ram together with free install of ram
Total$ 748 +46.72 tax=$794.72

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Danger! Will said:
I don't know why people say Apple computers are slow.

Perhaps it's because they don't know what they're talking about?

Congrats on your first Mac and welcome to these forums.

Be prepared to be publicly reviled for your choice of your computer but you'll find lots of helpful and friendly people here...

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Blue Velvet said:
Perhaps it's because they don't know what they're talking about?
...and that you were coming from a Celeron :eek: ;)

Congrats on the Mini, I have yet to see one in person...and I'm worried that when I do I will really want one, even though I really have no use for it! :eek: :D

bentley

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2005
edesignuk said:
...and that you were coming from a Celeron :eek: ;)

Congrats on the Mini, I have yet to see one in person...and I'm worried that when I do I will really want one, even though I really have no use for it! :eek: :D

it was love at first sight for me.
I'd have bought one there and then if they were in stock.

Luckilly my dad was on Regent's street last week :D

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Thomas Veil said:
Like they say, "Once you go Mac, you never go back." :D

Thomas Jefferson once said, "Once you try black, you never go back." But yes I agree, once you use the elegance of OSX and Apple hardware, PCs definitely look and feel like junk equipment.

Applespider

macrumors G4
edesignuk said:
Congrats on the Mini, I have yet to see one in person...and I'm worried that when I do I will really want one, even though I really have no use for it!

I know that feeling! It's not tll you see it in person that you realise just how mini it is. I saw it in John Lewis where there was a guy telling his wife that it was just a trendy hard drive :eek:

Had to keep my purse firmly zipped inside my handbag!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Welcome to the Mac family Danger! Will. I know that it will give you hours of pleasure. What type of monitor are you using?

Danger! Will

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2003
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I'm using my KOGi 14.1 LCD Monitor with no DVI just regular VGA connection and i looks great. Unforunately the resolution is only 1024x768. While things look great I think i'm going to need a new monitor with a higher resolution. The 20" Apple Display is starting to look nice.

One thing i've noticed since i bought the Mac Mini. I need a new desk to match. I'll have to stop by IKEA to see what they have in white.

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
Danger! Will said:
I'm using my KOGi 14.1 LCD Monitor with no DVI just regular VGA connection and i looks great. Unforunately the resolution is only 1024x768. While things look great I think i'm going to need a new monitor with a higher resolution. The 20" Apple Display is starting to look nice.

One thing i've noticed since i bought the Mac Mini. I need a new desk to match. I'll have to stop by IKEA to see what they have in white.
:D I think you have been bitten by the Mac bug. It happens to me as well. I started buying cool accessories and new furnitures so that the entire ensemble will look good. It's hard to resist the force.

eleveneastgate

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2005
Congrats!

I recently got a Mini for my Parents (Both Retirees), and my Mom just loves it! She says it's 100X better than Windows, and she's only been using computers for a couple of months.

Now that you've gotta Mac at home, you'll want one to take on the road too!

I predict an Apple laptop in your future... LOL! :D

Take care!

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
Applespider said:
I know that feeling! It's not tll you see it in person that you realise just how mini it is. I saw it in John Lewis where there was a guy telling his wife that it was just a trendy hard drive :eek:

Had to keep my purse firmly zipped inside my handbag!

I suppose the poor man had the Mac mini and the iPod confused; for people who don't want to listen to music portably, an iPod would of little use beyond its hard drive.

hansen

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2004
Denmark
Me too!!! My first mac ever

I got my long awaited Powebook 12" yesterday. I can't wait to get home from work :)

1GB ram, 100 GB harddisk

Danger! Will

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2003
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I got the 512MB installed last night at the Apple store in Chandler, AZ.
I thought the thing was quick before. It is really quick now. It's very easy to use I havent had to read any of the docs yet.

BTW: I'm going to start saving for a powerbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.