Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

memo90061

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
AHHHHHH!! I'm so excited!! I got a refurbished iMac 24" 2.8GHz. I don't have patience I want it now! I can't wait to finally use one. I've been waiting for a year now. It will get here from September 18 to the 22nd. I hope I get it on thursday.

memo90061

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks. :D I can't stop smiling!! hahahah. The days will go by so slow. I imagine I'll keep going to the tracking page whenever they ship it.

polar-blair

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2008
Oh I remember the time when I just ordered my imac aswell those few weeks were the longest weeks ever :) Trust me it will be worth the wait, then the next best thing is when you have friend round who has never seen a mac and you show them it.... then wait for them to realize all of the awesomeness is in that thin screen.

You will love it.

Keeval

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2008
U.K.
AHHHHHH!! I'm so excited!! I got a refurbished iMac 24" 2.8GHz. I don't have patience I want it now! I can't wait to finally use one. I've been waiting for a year now. It will get here from September 18 to the 22nd. I hope I get it on thursday.

Congratulations - talking about having no patience. I decided to drive to our nearest Apple store and pick mine up today. Previously I only ever had an apple iPod (3 years ago).. a few months later I picked up a PowerBook G4, which has lasted a nice long time and is still soldiering on now.

But I decided that it was time to upgrade the desktop PC - so today I picked up a new 3Ghz iMac... it's screaming fast! I suspect that your 2.8 won't be much slower at all. It shouldn't take you too long to switch over to using OSX as everything is fairly intuitive + the help system is great, and you've always got the MacRumours forum if you have any questions.

Oh... and the 24" screen is amazingly good.

Enjoy your new purchase :D

iwuzbord

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
New York City
Thanks. :D I can't stop smiling!! hahahah. The days will go by so slow. I imagine I'll keep going to the tracking page whenever they ship it.

I DID EXACTLY THE SAME THING!
i would check the tracking page every minute. it was sooo exciting! its been a little over a month now, and i think that its been one of the best choices ive made in my life. i got a macbook though.

trust me, even as the days seem slow, when 3AM comes, you'll wish that you had more hours in the day :]

memo90061

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Oh I remember the time when I just ordered my imac aswell those few weeks were the longest weeks ever :) Trust me it will be worth the wait, then the next best thing is when you have friend round who has never seen a mac and you show them it.... then wait for them to realize all of the awesomeness is in that thin screen.

You will love it.

haha. How long did you have to wait? I was wondering if I should choose one day shipping, 2 day shipping, or the free shipping. I chose 2nd day. I don't know anyone who has an iMac, so when people come they will probably want to use the iMac! lol

well congrats. You'll enjoy it... until something fails.

I hope nothing fails so soon. :(

Congratulations - talking about having no patience. I decided to drive to our nearest Apple store and pick mine up today. Previously I only ever had an apple iPod (3 years ago).. a few months later I picked up a PowerBook G4, which has lasted a nice long time and is still soldiering on now.

But I decided that it was time to upgrade the desktop PC - so today I picked up a new 3Ghz iMac... it's screaming fast! I suspect that your 2.8 won't be much slower at all. It shouldn't take you too long to switch over to using OSX as everything is fairly intuitive + the help system is great, and you've always got the MacRumours forum if you have any questions.

Oh... and the 24" screen is amazingly good.

Enjoy your new purchase :D

I would have loved to go to the apple store and get the iMac right away. I don't think they sell refurbished iMacs. Do they? :O I was so undecided. I really wanted to get the 3.06GHz iMac for the video card and hard drive. I wonder how long it will take me to get used to OSX. :D Thanks! I can't wait to finally use the iMac.

I remember my first Mac ... Good Times!!

Cheers.
:):apple:

cool. :D when did you get your first mac?

I DID EXACTLY THE SAME THING!
i would check the tracking page every minute. it was sooo exciting! its been a little over a month now, and i think that its been one of the best choices ive made in my life. i got a macbook though.

trust me, even as the days seem slow, when 3AM comes, you'll wish that you had more hours in the day :]

hahahah. I love tracking my packages even when it's something so small. The day the iMac arrives I don't think I'll go to school. LOL

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
Got my first Mac about 3 years ago. It's an iBook G4. Shortly after buying the iBook, I purchased a PowerMac Dual Core 2Ghz G5. Soon after, I got 2 iMac G3 computers for my kids for $25 each!!

Since then I have upgraded to a MacBook with the Core 2 Duo CPU. Don't want to sound like I'm bragging but I have also bought 3, 24" iMacs (One for the home office and 2 for the lab).

So that's a total of 8 Macs in 3 years :D (Not to mention the iPods and iPhones etc.) I guess I'm obsessed with Apple :D

I was a PC user for many years but the great thing about my Apple products is that they JUST WORK. I think your gonna love it. It's not gonna change your life or anything but, as far as computers go, it's pretty cool.

Cheers.
:):apple:

memo90061

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
That's a lot of macs. cool. :D

My first apple product was an iPod. It was the fourth generation iPod. The click wheel stopped working and I contacted apple. I sent it in and got a refurbished iPod. I dropped that one and it got a dent and stopped working. They sent me another refurbished iPod and I sold it to get the video iPod.

I've been using a PC since I was little. I'm barely 21 though. lol. I remember we did have one apple computer but I know nothing about it! This is the one. You can see it in the back.

285395647_59f22dd24e.jpg

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
That's a lot of macs. cool. :D

My first apple product was an iPod. It was the fourth generation iPod. The click wheel stopped working and I contacted apple. I sent it in and got a refurbished iPod. I dropped that one and it got a dent and stopped working. They sent me another refurbished iPod and I sold it to get the video iPod.

I've been using a PC since I was little. I'm barely 21 though. lol. I remember we did have one apple computer but I know nothing about it! This is the one. You can see it in the back.

That looks like the old Mac Plus from the late 80's. They had a whole 1MB of RAM!!!
:D

olig

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2008
I'm glad to hear that. You always have the Apple community to help you with everything. Welcome to the mac experience.

oli

RichardI

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2007
Southern Ontario, Canada
There is no better computer in the world than the 24" iMac. It is quiet, solidly built, beautiful to look at and blazing fast. On a price/function scale it's miles ahead of anything else. You will not regret your purchase. Enjoy.

Rich :cool:

memo90061

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
omg it had 1MB of ram?

Thanks guys!! :D All these comments are making me want the iMac RIGHT NOW!! On fedex.com it says I'll have it by Tuesday 4:30pm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.