I just bought my first mac!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by memo90061, Sep 13, 2008.

1. memo90061 macrumors 6502

AHHHHHH!! I'm so excited!! I got a refurbished iMac 24" 2.8GHz. I don't have patience I want it now! I can't wait to finally use one. I've been waiting for a year now. It will get here from September 18 to the 22nd. I hope I get it on thursday.

2. Aranince macrumors 65816

3. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

4. memo90061 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. :D I can't stop smiling!! hahahah. The days will go by so slow. I imagine I'll keep going to the tracking page whenever they ship it.

5. polar-blair macrumors regular

Oh I remember the time when I just ordered my imac aswell those few weeks were the longest weeks ever :) Trust me it will be worth the wait, then the next best thing is when you have friend round who has never seen a mac and you show them it.... then wait for them to realize all of the awesomeness is in that thin screen.

You will love it.

6. vampyr macrumors regular

well congrats. You'll enjoy it... until something fails.

7. Keeval macrumors member

Keeval

Congratulations - talking about having no patience. I decided to drive to our nearest Apple store and pick mine up today. Previously I only ever had an apple iPod (3 years ago).. a few months later I picked up a PowerBook G4, which has lasted a nice long time and is still soldiering on now.

But I decided that it was time to upgrade the desktop PC - so today I picked up a new 3Ghz iMac... it's screaming fast! I suspect that your 2.8 won't be much slower at all. It shouldn't take you too long to switch over to using OSX as everything is fairly intuitive + the help system is great, and you've always got the MacRumours forum if you have any questions.

Oh... and the 24" screen is amazingly good.

Enjoy your new purchase :D

8. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I remember my first Mac ... Good Times!!

Cheers.
    :):apple:

9. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

iwuzbord

I DID EXACTLY THE SAME THING!
    i would check the tracking page every minute. it was sooo exciting! its been a little over a month now, and i think that its been one of the best choices ive made in my life. i got a macbook though.

trust me, even as the days seem slow, when 3AM comes, you'll wish that you had more hours in the day :]

10. memo90061 thread starter macrumors 6502

haha. How long did you have to wait? I was wondering if I should choose one day shipping, 2 day shipping, or the free shipping. I chose 2nd day. I don't know anyone who has an iMac, so when people come they will probably want to use the iMac! lol

I hope nothing fails so soon. :(

I would have loved to go to the apple store and get the iMac right away. I don't think they sell refurbished iMacs. Do they? :O I was so undecided. I really wanted to get the 3.06GHz iMac for the video card and hard drive. I wonder how long it will take me to get used to OSX. :D Thanks! I can't wait to finally use the iMac.

cool. :D when did you get your first mac?

hahahah. I love tracking my packages even when it's something so small. The day the iMac arrives I don't think I'll go to school. LOL

11. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

12. memo90061 thread starter macrumors 6502

Aww. Don't be jealous!

OMG. IT SHIPPED!! I'm going to get it on Tuesday!!

13. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Got my first Mac about 3 years ago. It's an iBook G4. Shortly after buying the iBook, I purchased a PowerMac Dual Core 2Ghz G5. Soon after, I got 2 iMac G3 computers for my kids for $25 each!!

Since then I have upgraded to a MacBook with the Core 2 Duo CPU. Don't want to sound like I'm bragging but I have also bought 3, 24" iMacs (One for the home office and 2 for the lab).

So that's a total of 8 Macs in 3 years :D (Not to mention the iPods and iPhones etc.) I guess I'm obsessed with Apple :D

I was a PC user for many years but the great thing about my Apple products is that they JUST WORK. I think your gonna love it. It's not gonna change your life or anything but, as far as computers go, it's pretty cool.

Cheers.
    :):apple:

14. memo90061 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's a lot of macs. cool. :D

My first apple product was an iPod. It was the fourth generation iPod. The click wheel stopped working and I contacted apple. I sent it in and got a refurbished iPod. I dropped that one and it got a dent and stopped working. They sent me another refurbished iPod and I sold it to get the video iPod.

I've been using a PC since I was little. I'm barely 21 though. lol. I remember we did have one apple computer but I know nothing about it! This is the one. You can see it in the back.

[​IMG]

15. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Nice!

I'm thinking of getting a MacBook when I have the money!

16. memo90061 thread starter macrumors 6502

good luck! :) I wonder what will be the next apple product I get. Whatever it is I'll have to wait a long time. lol

17. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

That looks like the old Mac Plus from the late 80's. They had a whole 1MB of RAM!!!
    :D

18. Buttercookie macrumors member

19. olig macrumors newbie

I'm glad to hear that. You always have the Apple community to help you with everything. Welcome to the mac experience.

oli

20. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Welcome to the Brotherhood!:D

Enjoy your new Tech Life!

21. Acornz macrumors member

Congrats! I will be ordering my mac mini today at precisely 7:30 PM. :apple:

22. maestrocasa macrumors regular

Congratulations! Great machine. enjoy, enjoy.

23. RichardI macrumors 6502a

RichardI

There is no better computer in the world than the 24" iMac. It is quiet, solidly built, beautiful to look at and blazing fast. On a price/function scale it's miles ahead of anything else. You will not regret your purchase. Enjoy.

Rich :cool:

24. memo90061 thread starter macrumors 6502

omg it had 1MB of ram?

Thanks guys!! :D All these comments are making me want the iMac RIGHT NOW!! On fedex.com it says I'll have it by Tuesday 4:30pm

25. yellowcanary73 macrumors newbie

Your lucky the IPod Touch and the warranty gets delivered Tuesday the IMac is shipped but shipping # is still not showing up at FedEx as of yet.:(