I just bought my Late 2011 15" Macbook Pro

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Hey guys,

So after all those questions and researches, I finally ordered my 2011 15" Macbook Pro.

I just wanted to thank you all for clearing up my questions and answering them patiently.

Here's my new baby, http://store.apple.com/us/product/FD318LL/A
Very Nice Work On Your Part!

- Terrific configuration.
- Apple's stellar track record with refurbished MBP's
- Killer Low Price

Years of enjoyment ahead...

Cheers :)

----------

It cost that much? Let alone refurbished :eek:
Someone is woefully out of touch...

kapolani

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2011
USA
Reading threads like t his makes it harder and harder not to click that refurb button.

Been eyeing a 15" with Hi-Res screen for months now. Waiting to see if the price will drop some more. Only, thing, I don't want AAPL to run out of refurb units!

Gratz!

trainman

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
Kissimmee Florida
MacBook Pro 15' MD318LL/A is available at B&H Photo for $1499.00 - AppleCare $122.00 in bundle and other free software with free shipping. Just purchased mine.

Zwikker

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2012
Morgantown, WV
Link?
MacBook Pro 15' MD318LL/A is available at B&H Photo for $1499.00 - AppleCare $122.00 in bundle and other free software with free shipping. Just purchased mine.

----------

I just found it, It's a good deal as well! Congrats on your new mac!

Here's the ling @trainman talks about

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/827023-REG/Apple_MD318LL_A_15_4_MacBook_Pro_Notebook.html

declandio

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
London, UK
And thank you so much for all your best wishes. I hope it will last for at least 3-4 years:)
It will easily last you 3-4 years , unless you keep dropping it or it has an accident with a cup of coffee or something. I have a late 2008 model and it's as good as the day I bought it. Also still use a 2006 model at work, it still works well; all I've ever had to do was replace the battery once (2 year old battery still gives 3 hours of charge) and upgrade the ram...

lazaro

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2012
i just bought the same one should be coming in a couple of days cant wait my 1st macbook :D

Zwikker

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2012
Morgantown, WV
Mine arrived THE DAY AFTER I ordered it! Even tho it said june 20th as a pick up date lol. No regrets on the computer and size. It was 'just' what I was looking for. And of course thanks to my macrumors friends for makin everything more clear for me:)
i just bought the same one should be coming in a couple of days cant wait my 1st macbook :D

Last edited:

lazaro

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2012
Mine arrived THE DAY AFTER I ordered it! Even tho it said june 20th as a pick up date lol. No refregs on the computer and size. It was 'just' what I was looking for. And of course thanks to my macrumors friends for makin everything more clear for me:)
ahh lucky placed my order on saturday and they barley shipped it today how is it so far? if you dont mind can you post some pics

Zwikker

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2012
Morgantown, WV
So far great! It feels much much master than my last pc. I also bought speck case for it with a keyboard silicone and waitin for them to arrive soon:)
I don't have any pics that I can upload since I'm still at work but that being said you can easily find pics of it online:)

Congrats on your mbp!
ahh lucky placed my order on saturday and they barley shipped it today how is it so far? if you dont mind can you post some pics

yusukeaoki

macrumors 68030
Mar 22, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Just spend another 300USD and put a SSD 128GB inside.
Install Lion and put a Optibay with 1TB HDD.

This will surely change your life.
As I see the specs, it has 5400rpm drive.
The tops those drives can to is 30mbps read and write.

Just add a crucial M4... Trust me this WILL change your life.
200mbps write and 500 mbps read.
Its astonishing.

TheRdungeon

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
Reading threads like t his makes it harder and harder not to click that refurb button.

Been eyeing a 15" with Hi-Res screen for months now. Waiting to see if the price will drop some more. Only, thing, I don't want AAPL to run out of refurb units!

Gratz!
if that's the one you want I don't think they'll drop prices much lower anytime soon ay man, I say go for it. Wait for your perfect config to hit the store and get it

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
Just spend another 300USD and put a SSD 128GB inside.
Install Lion and put a Optibay with 1TB HDD.

This will surely change your life.
As I see the specs, it has 5400rpm drive.
The tops those drives can to is 30mbps read and write.

Just add a crucial M4... Trust me this WILL change your life.
200mbps write and 500 mbps read.
Its astonishing.
Catch a sale and you can get a Crucial M4 256GB for ~$200. I agree on the performance, other than the move from single to dual core nothing else has come close in the single handed change in performance.

MisterSensitive

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2012
I just bought the same model for slightly more, but new, not refurb.

Great machine. I just put 16G of RAM in it. Next stop, copying the slow drive over to a Crucial M4 SSD.

pingfan59

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2011
Yep, great buy. I will be going the refurb route on my next mbp. Ordered new last August and it was way more than what you paid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.