I just bricked my iphone please help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iNassar, Aug 21, 2008.

1. iNassar macrumors member

I tried to get my iphone out of dfu mode with iLiberty and accidentaly clicked enter DFU mode instead of Jump out of Recovery Mode. My iphone´s screen now shows me the itunes icon but with a red backrground what should I do?? Please help!!!!

2. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

3. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

4. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Wow, never heard of that one before. Only thing I can think of is trying to restore with iTunes.

Another example why Pwnage is one of the only pwing tools that should be used.

5. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Are you able to get it into DFU mode again? I would try re-putting into DFU mode and then option-click to a virgin .ispw in iTunes

6. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

I didn't think you could "brick" just doing a jailbreak. I tried everything I could do to "brick" mine, couldn't do it. Bring it to an Apple Genius, they'll hook you up.

7. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

Would they ignore the reason it is bricked?

8. iNassar thread starter macrumors member

I Solved the problem!

Since i could just not get out of the DFU mode i waited for the battery of the iphone to run off (i did this because the connect to itunes screen didn't disappeared even if i hold the sleep button, so i took advantage of it:D). I then connected it to the computer and it entered now on restore mode instead of DFU mode, so i just used iLiberty to kick the iphone out of recovery mode and bam.. The iphone returned to me :)