Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onlydroops

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
And I like 'em!

The 15" is gorgeous. I was never happy with the way the TiBook looked. My only problem is the screen hinge--I wish it didn't sink behind the keyboard. But whatever, it ain't gonna keep me from buying it.

I wish I could have turned the lights off in the store to check out the KB.

Is it me or are the display a little dim? I turned the brightness all the way up and they still don't look as bright as the Apple displays.... I thought they used the same screens? Were the "old" PBs like this? I've never owned one so I don't have a lot of experience with them. It could have been the bright lights in the store but the Apple Displays look nice and bright too.

I'm not trying to complain about them, which it sounds like I'm doing, but it was just something I noticed.

onlydroops

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
Yes they do, I turned it off.

But if it were on and the lights were on in the store, wouldn't it bump the brightness UP not down?

chazmox

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2003
No reason to light the keyboard if it's in the light. The keyboard lighting only comes on in the dark. Only the superdrive version comes standard with it - all others have to be special ordered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.