I just did it I traded my precious

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by lowendlinux, Nov 5, 2014.

1. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I just traded my 30" ACD for a 3,1, 2.8 with 16GB and a Apple 5770 I don't know whether to be happy or to kick myself. Now I have no excuse not to work from home.

2. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Um....congrats?

3. lowendlinux thread starter Contributor

lowendlinux

I'm still out there,,,dunno yet I haven't personally owned a Mac since the PowerPC to Intel transition.

4. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

8 core? If so that's a toughie, roughly on parity I reckon but you can't upgrade your ACD to make it much, much quicker though.

5. s-hatland macrumors regular

s-hatland

not bad. i'd say you came out better money-wise (price for price), but had it been me, i would have sold the ACD outright, and put it and a few more bucks towards finding a 4,1 (much more upgradeable and futureproof). still, not bad though - enjoy your new mac!

6. lowendlinux thread starter Contributor

lowendlinux

Yes, dual 2.8..

Slower by and order of magnitude than my dual 5650 Z600 but I've not had a Mac around the house since '06 so hopefully it'll be fun.

I'll just pop my Marvell PCIx2 to SATA 3 in it take my drives out and call it a day for a while.

----------

I have a 5,1 at work and a dual hex Z600 at home which is far more upgradable than any Mac really so lets just call it my work from home machine. Secondly I don't have a box for the 30" anymore so shipping it would be a PITA but yes I do agree that in an ideal world that would be better.