I Just Don't Understand...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Phightinphils, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

I pre-ordered within 10-15 seconds of site going live. Apple Pay, the whole 9 yards super easy! I checked out and it said April 24 delivery. Sweet, I got it on time. Fast forward to when my order confirmation email comes - It says 4-6 weeks. I just don't undestand how: 1. I ordered it LITERALLY within seconds of it going live, scanned my thumbprint, and I was done. And 2. How the dates can change so quick. I understand the checkout delivery date is an estimate, but hopefully they're just playing it safe and us 4-6 week folks still get it on launch. This is the first pre-order that I haven't been told it'll be delivered on launch day.

End Rant.

Love, Shameless iSheep

2. donster28 macrumors 65816

You were a victim of the last recipient of a launch window, who finalized his sale ahead of you in milliseconds.

3. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

My guess is that based on reviews, they calculated that the public outrage from raise-to-wake not working properly would be too strong, and decided to deliver only small portion of orders on time, deliver the rest later when issues are solved.

4. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

It'd help if you told us which model you picked. I have a feeling that some super limited.

5. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Quite likely.

but remember that Apple likes to under promise and over delivery. it's possible that in 2 weeks a notice will get sent out that said order has been shipped.

6. Wildgift macrumors 6502

7. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Same thing happened to me. When I submitted my order at 3:01AM EST, the date was April 24th. At 3:05, I received an email quoting May 13-24.

Good thing I never looked at the email until the morning or else I would have never fell back to sleep, I would've been way too angry.

8. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

What's the timestamp (including seconds) on your confirmation email?