I just found a really good price for a macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by squish129, Sep 18, 2011.

1. squish129 macrumors newbie

I just found a really food price for a macbook-pro on a local classified website and it's $700. when it's too good to be true...it probably is. so i contacted the seller and asked if there was a warranty, he said the laptop had a 2yr applecare warranty and i just messaged him about why he was selling it so cheap, and if we could meet personally in an apple store to go over the warranty.

I still think it's a scam though...

Any words to enlighten me?

2. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Check it out, meet in a public place and look it over. Watch to make sure they give you the computer and you leave with it in your hands. Sometimes they scam you other ways. Just go through the correct steps and hopefully it'll pan out in the end.

3. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

Meet at an Apple store and have them check it out...

4. Tharian macrumors regular

Don't expect much from the apple store. They won't take sides or warrant anything aside from the basics e.g.: which OS is on it, if it's under Apple Care and the like.

-d

5. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

if you make an appointment, they can run diagnostics and tell you exactly what the specs of the computer are...

6. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

This. So you don't get one that someone changed the about this mac thing to say it had 8GB of ram, a 2.3GHz, and 512GB SSD when it's really a base. You still have to check it out, but meeting at the apple store is a good idea.

7. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

2 years left, so that means 2010 MBP? for 700 bucks? hmmm