I just found an iphone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hakimm, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Hakimm macrumors member

when i found it, it was out of battery. Currently dont have a wire to charge it. Do iphones get blocked the same way normal phones do?

2. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

If you don't make a effort to find the owner or contact authorities, most states class that as theft (Remember the "lost" iPhone 4G/HD story?) It's not like you found $5.

3. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

This. Attempt to find the owner.

4. Hakimm thread starter macrumors member

lucky i dont live in the states ahaha but i will make the effot to try and get it charged and hopefully find the owner, but if it will be blocked when i charge it and am unable to contact the owner, it gives me an idea of how fast i need to act. SO has anyone lost an iphone or found one, Does it get blocked?

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It depends on how the owner reports the phone. They can request that the carrier block the phone from use.

6. Striker-UMB macrumors regular

If you do finally get a cable to charge go in to settings, and then Phone. You will see My Number call the service provider, give them the wireless number and tell them you just found their phone. Don't be a douche and keep someones iPhone man.

7. Stiss macrumors 6502a

Yeah I found a 2G iPhone once. I live in the UK. Luckily it had charge so I just called the number under 'Home' and told them where I was and where I found it.

They came back and kicked the **** out of me.

I joke, I joke. They said thanks.

8. nullx86 macrumors 6502a

nullx86

See if you cant get it back to the owner. If you can, good. If you cant, you made an effort to return it to them. I say give it like 60 days of trying to get in touch with the owner. If they either dont want it or dont get in contact with you, then its yours to do whatever with. Honestly at that point, I would wipe it and sell it.

9. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

there are some genuinely nice people out there.

a mate of mine recently lost his iphone a week after he bought it. He had a passcode on it so he didn't expect to get it back since nobody would be able to get into it.

but someone found it, couldn't get into the phone, so took the SIM card out, put it in another phone, then went through the numbers rining a few to find out who's phone it was, and then arranged to hand it back...

10. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

I think all people here knows how they would feel if they lost their iPhone. I'm also a great believer in what goes around comes around. No good can come out of keeping it without trying to return it.

11. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Sell it to Gizmodo.

12. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

You got me real good man, I was like "HOW DARE THEY BEAT YOUR BUTTOCKS FOR BEING A GOOD SAMARITAN!?"