I just got a glass screen protector and it feels like thick plastic

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 55test55, Dec 19, 2014.

1. 55test55 macrumors 6502

I've yet to put it on but...is this how it should feel? It feels like thick plastic. I'm dismayed that it shows fingerprints too. I think ill return it.

2. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone? Just wondering what i should expect since this isnt a super expensive one (i.e., what are the fancier ones like)?

3. Bamff macrumors regular

4. Lloydbm41 Suspended

Lloydbm41

Tempered Glass is what you want. I use the ones from Xtremeguard. You can usually get them for around $12 with the coupon code 80off at checkout. Been using mine on a Nexus5 and iPhone 6 for a couple of months now. Great product.

5. Tgrey macrumors regular

I bought one 0.15mm glass SP before and felt like plastic, I asked seller they used term "glass coating" which I don't like and returned. Bought another one 0.15mm SP from Ebay, it's glass, happy with it.

6. MTXR macrumors member

Today I installed an Anker glass screen protector for my iphone 6 plus. It's not edge to edge, although they might have one for the regular iPhone 6. It feels just like the iPhone screen. The cool thing about this is it has a lifetime warranty for wear and tear or bubbles/dust under the screen. I doubt I'll need to use it since all Anker products in the past have been good quality for imo.