I just got a Macbook Pro from my summer job!

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
Null
Hello everyone!

I got a summer job here as a web and print designer, and a .net developer at a technology consulting company (I know it sounds weird). Anyways, they liked my work and said they would get me a notebook to work on instead of my iBook. I was able to convince them to get me a Macbook Pro instead of a PC, and I just received it!

Can't wait to get home and set it up :D

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
too bad 90% of the apps you are using will run slower than on your ibook. (the world hates adobe)

so everything except quark..

(that was an exaggeration btw. but it will be slow)

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
Null
virus1 said:
too bad 90% of the apps you are using will run slower than on your ibook. (the world hates adobe)

so everything except quark..

(that was an exaggeration btw. but it will be slow)
Yeah, I'm aware of that. That's why there's Parallels! :)

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
Lucky you, I just bought a used powerbook because my work PC sucks and every-time I complained they didn't take me seriously because I have "the fastest computer in the office" or something.
Either way, I wish my work would by me the equipment I need.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
That is fantastic! Obviously for what you're going to be doing on it there is a good chance you'll regret not getting that PC, but like you said, there are work arounds. Sounds like an awesome job and of course a nice machine!

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
If my job was to work with adobe the slownness might start to get a tad annoying. Can't wait to download photoshop and illustrator...for free. I love college :D