i just got a mbp late 2011

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by odraude, Jun 20, 2012.

1. odraude, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012

odraude macrumors member

hey everyone i post this on a different thread and since nobody answered me i need help.
    just bought a late 2011 mbp about 1 month ago, i use it for web browsing and a little photoshop and excel my question is did i do a wrong move by not waiting for the new model.
    i read a lot of ppl saying that is not a big deal, that is not a major upgrade.

it did cost me $18000 pesos about 1215dlls versus the new which is at $21000 pesos about 1535dlls, so my question is is it worth the extra 300 dlls only for a slightly fast proccesor, graphics and usb3.0?

i did the right move or i failed by buying the yesterdays model...

also the new one is only available online (not yet on store)
    and bought it with cc 12months and the new one you have to pay all the money at once...

so what u guys think.
    (sorry my spelling, english is not my primarily language.

l:apple:ve this machines

2. LaWally macrumors 6502a

If you are happy with the system you purchased, it meets your needs and you don't need usb3 or a slightly faster processor, and it fit within your budget then just sit back and enjoy your new MBP. There will always be a better, faster system you could have bought ... if you had more money ... if you had waited longer ... etc, etc, etc. That is the nature of computing.

3. odraude thread starter macrumors member

thanx 4 answering.
    i believe I'm too paranoid about this, i totally enjoy my computer and like u say always will be better stuff...

so, what apps u recommend me to download, i already have installed:

ccleaner
    bitdefender
    caffeine
    office 2011
    photoshop cs5
    dropbox
    unarchiever
    and
    cobox

----------

another question, can i put a 1600mhz ram into my computer i have read some guys that said it works on a early 2011

also can i buy the applecare plan any day within a year?

thanx for helping

i can spend those 300 on that stuff, well at least the memory, right?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You don't need "cleaner" or "maintenance" apps to keep your Mac running well, and some of these apps can do more harm than good. Some remove files/folders or unused languages or architectures, which does nothing more than free up some drive space, with the risk of deleting something important in the process.

These apps will not make your Mac run faster or more efficiently, since having stuff stored on a drive does not impact performance, unless you're running out of drive space. Some of these apps delete caches, which can hurt performance, rather than help it, since more system resources are used and performance suffers while each cache is being rebuilt.

Many of these tasks should only be done selectively to troubleshoot specific problems, not en masse as routine maintenance.

Mac OS X does a good job of taking care of itself, without the need for 3rd party software. Among other things, it has its own maintenance scripts that run silently in the background on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, without user intervention.

Yes, as long as your Mac is still under the first year warranty. You can verify remaining warranty/AppleCare coverage for any Mac by entering the serial number here.

5. odraude thread starter macrumors member

yeah

it is really nice to read comments from people like you. really, u gave me a class here and I'm thankful for your advice.
    the reason i downloaded ccleaner was because various users of this forum recommend it in the top ten apps thread, well i should be more careful, and read more about apple products since i am a newbie here in the forum and also with the computer, many many thanx man for your information, and if is not much of a trouble would you mind recommending me some web sites where i can find more info about what i shall do and what not do with my computer??

and since you didn't respond my question about memory upgrade i will asume that the one that fits is 1333mhz, up to 16gb .right?

also to uninstall an application or a game or software the only thing to do is drag the icon to the trash can?
    and how often is necessary to run disc utility?

:confused::confused::):apple::D

6. GGJstudios, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This should get you started:

Helpful Information for Any Mac User
    Portables Fast Start: The New User's Guide to Apple Notebooks

The 2011 MBPs support up to 16GB of 1333MHz RAM. I don't know about 1600MHz.
    You can find specs on all Apple products, including maximum RAM:
    If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, no removal apps will do the job.

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:
    You don't need to run it with any frequency; only when troubleshooting a problem or formatting a drive or other specific needs.

7. odraude thread starter macrumors member

man you're the best.
    people like you makes this world a better place
    many many thanx