I just got a new G5...

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
9,025
1
Is that like a toastie maker??? if so, a cheese and ham toastie please fella. :D
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,966
379
Hmm, a number of inches thick, heavy, requires a handle to cart around, able to toast a sandwich or grill a steak in minutes?

OMG iGary!! You've got a G5 PowerBook!!!
 

iGary

Guest
Original poster
May 26, 2004
19,583
1
Randy's House
Yeah, kind of - and coming right up. :D

It has 5 interchangeable grill inserts so you can make waffles (we tried - very good) grill chicken breasts (my lunch today) or grill sandwiches or whatever.

I always thought it was a bunch of BS - but it works great.
 

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
22,910
41
Andover, MA
The nice thing is that, as an experienced PowerBook user, you'll be able to grill food directly on your lap, as the George Foreman G5 is likely to be a bit cooler.

Edit: never mind... too slow (by a minute) with the joke....

On the serious side, I've found that lining the drip trays with aluminum foil makes cleanup much, much easier.
 

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
21,922
169
iGary said:
I always thought it was a bunch of BS - but it works great.
The novelty will wear off, and then it will join the ice-cream maker and get-fit videos under the stairs. :p
 

iGary

Guest
Original poster
May 26, 2004
19,583
1
Randy's House
Blue Velvet said:
The novelty will wear off, and then it will join the ice-cream maker and get-fit videos under the stairs. :p
LOL!!

Well we have had it a month...and still using it.







But I suppose you are right...as usual .:D
 

iGary

Guest
Original poster
May 26, 2004
19,583
1
Randy's House
2nyRiggz said:
Yea, my parents had that sh$t for a while now and it's collecting dust.....now what you really need is a juiceman!


Bless
Yeah, that's under the stairs with the workout videos. :eek:

Rob's a sucker for infommercials, which is odd considering he has two masters. :-/
 

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
22,910
41
Andover, MA
iGary said:
...which is odd considering he has two masters. :-/
OK, not sure about how that whole "dominance" thing works, but, assuming you're one of the masters, who is the other?
;)
 

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
2,713
487
A geographical oddity
As a serious question, where did you get it? Also, how does it compare with the Foreman? We have the Foreman, but I have been itching to get a waffle iron. It would be great to have a G5 waffle with a MagicBullet smoothie (we got one for our wedding...another great product).

Having both in one convenient package just seems too incredible! It this thing is a good price and really works (which it sounds like it does), thay have their blurb, maybe they can send me one for free.
 

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
9,025
1
Blue Velvet said:
The novelty will wear off, and then it will join the ice-cream maker and get-fit videos under the stairs. :p
The novelty has never worn off my candy floss machine. :D
 

iGary

Guest
Original poster
May 26, 2004
19,583
1
Randy's House
nbs2 said:
As a serious question, where did you get it? Also, how does it compare with the Foreman? We have the Foreman, but I have been itching to get a waffle iron. It would be great to have a G5 waffle with a MagicBullet smoothie (we got one for our wedding...another great product).

Having both in one convenient package just seems too incredible! It this thing is a good price and really works (which it sounds like it does), thay have their blurb, maybe they can send me one for free.
Rob got it at Target.

It has, I think, five different grill inserts. It is way more "heavy duty" (I hate that term) that the Foreman, and much more powerful in terms of heat and heat-up time.

It makes awesome waffles. :)
 

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
3,070
3
Calgary, AB
I just moved back in with my roommate and she got a George Foreman grill while I was gone...It's GREAT!

They seem really cheesy and like something you'll never use, but once you start using it your like "damn, this things useful as hell"
 

iGary

Guest
Original poster
May 26, 2004
19,583
1
Randy's House
Onizuka said:
can you ACTUALLY grill steaks on this, and if so, two good size steaks at the same time? If so, I'm down with getting one!
Yeah, we did some New York Strips the other night.
 

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
17,276
1,193
iGary said:
It has 5 interchangeable grill inserts so you can make waffles (we tried - very good) grill chicken breasts (my lunch today) or grill sandwiches or whatever.
I was going to ask you if it was a Quad G5, but it appears that it's a Quint G5! :eek:
 

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
29,777
12
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Do you have to put memory modules, erm, cutlets, in that thing in pairs, or can you put them in onesies? :eek: ;) :D

P.S. Yes, it is actually pretty good for steak, back from my omnivorous days...one of the really nice things is that you can do a pepper rub, and almost all of the pepper will stay on the meat, instead of getting cast off into the nether regions of the grill. :)
 

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
2,713
487
A geographical oddity
Hmm....looking at the salton website, I'm wondering if it is a good purchase for me. I already have a griddle, 12" toaster oven (B&D upgraded our 9" when it broke under warranty, no questions asked), and an old school Foreman.

Is it worth the approx. $129?