I just got a ship date of April 6

Discussion in 'iPad' started by solostars, Mar 11, 2012.

1. solostars macrumors member

Woo, that's like 4 weeks. When I started checking out it said march 19, then it finished and now is April 6. Yikes!!!

2. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

3. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

Can you screen shot this and post it?

4. LaurenAJb macrumors member

Mine originally said 4th April but now says 29th Of march

5. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

And this is the reason why I don't preorder. You're taking a gamble getting it early or late. By the time April 6 arrives, you could have easily gotten yourself one without the crazy line up days or weeks before.

6. doboy macrumors 68000

Yeah, but if you preordered it on the 7th, it would've shipped already.

7. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

I just checked the website and it says it ships in 2-3 weeks on any model of both iPad colors.

8. solostars thread starter macrumors member

I ordered earlier today when it was still saying march 19. I don't think that was snoozing that much, but now April 6.

Can we cancel the preorders,I'd rather wait out all night in line than wait 4 weeks.

9. RAWphenom macrumors member

Maybe he/she didn't have the funds to pre-order it?

10. doboy macrumors 68000

Perhaps, but if you read his/her comment you get the sense that's not the reason. :eek:

11. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

I just checked completed listings on eBay prices on sales are going up.

12. Hoggles macrumors regular

Hoggles

You meant to say.... This is the reason why you DO preorder.

Placing a order 2,3,4 days after announcement, is too late to expect it anytime soon.

As with most everyone (not all, but most), I preordered 2 hours after Tim walked off the stage and mine has already been picked up by FedEx & will be in my hands Friday morning.

In the comfort of my home :)

If your going to preorder, you actually need to preorder....as in real early.

:)

13. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Hmm wonder if the model has anything to do with deliver dates. I'm sure it probably does. Some models are in higher demand than others. I just pre ordered mine tonight (32GB LTE 4G model) and it says ships by March 19th, Delivers March 26. So considering I waited a few days to pre order I'm happy with that. :)

14. deeddawg macrumors 603

Handy web page: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad/select_ipad

Shows all the models and expected ship times for each. :D

All are now showing ships in 2-3 weeks for the US site. You apparently got in the 2nd wave just under the wire.

15. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Further evidence of yet another mediocre, unappetizing, iOS device update. Sigh. When is Apple going to learn it needs to put in everything + the kitchen sink and lower the price a couple hundred bucks or it's never going to be able move a decent amount of iPads. (Oh, and netbooks, er, Galaxy Tab, er forthcoming Windows 8 Tabs rule!) :roll eyes:

16. bjmach macrumors 6502

Dammit I knew I should of ordered two. Oh well at least mine will be here Friday

17. urkel, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012

urkel macrumors 68030

Well that doesn't make sense.
    Whats to stop someone from preordering with a 4wk wait time and then canceling IF they find it in stock somewhere?

Choosing NOT to preorder is the gamble.

18. deeddawg macrumors 603

Yes. Obviously no demand at all, just another ho-hum update that only the Apple fanatic lemmings will dutifully go buy.

19. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

Yeah I just sold my iPad 2 today on Craigslist and then went looking around for a store that would have the iPad....not one location around me had it in stock. So the guys at the Verizon store said that my new iPad won't ship until April 5.

20. falcora macrumors 6502

I was just at the apple store today buying applecare+, and saw several people buying new ipads. I asked the genius, and he said they still had plenty.

21. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

Ugh that's so unfair. Walmart, Verizon, & my Apple Store were completely out.

22. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

Are you near an Apple Store? I ordered mine for pickup today at 1030pm last night.

Got the email this morning that its ready. I know not everyone has a convenience of having an Apple store nearby.

http://www.apple.com/retail/ipad/

23. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

I hate Verizon. I called the Apple store myself instead of listening to what Best Buy and the Verizon store had to say and they said they have some in stock. I'm flipping out right now. I can't cancel the order I put in with Verizon because they said it's already in and there's nothing they can do about it. So because of that I have to wait weeks instead of an hour.

24. mfram macrumors 65816

Walked in to my local Apple Store today and bought a 64GB Black Verizon iPad. No reservation.

25. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Just go buy one in a store now, then return the preorder. Done.