I just got an Alu 24" iMac at work today!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by danny_w, Jan 22, 2008.

1. danny_w macrumors 601

And it is gorgeous! Am am cloning now in preparation for updating and getting it prepped for work. It is the first iMac (and one of only a handful of Macs) at my company. I had to agree to provide my own support in order to get it, but it was worth it. Anyway, back to work!

2. fireoutside macrumors newbie

Congrats!

Congratulations! I've been trying to do the same at my work. But I just got the same machine at home and yes, it is amazing!

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

That's fantastic, I would love to do that but it would never happen.

4. danny_w thread starter macrumors 601

Not too long ago I would have said the same thing. Sometimes things do change...

5. ALT-255 macrumors newbie

Sweet! :D

I am trying to talk my company into letting me run there laptop image in VMware Fusions on my MBP... would run WAY faster then there silly Dell laptops.

6. danny_w thread starter macrumors 601

It came preloaded with 10.5 (I was hoping for 10.4 + drop-in disk) which I upgraded to 10.5.1 after cloning it with CCC. So far so good; I haven't noticed any obvious bugs so far, and it has been stable for the few hours that I have had it. I did notice Time Machine kept asking me if I wanted to use an external disk that I plugged in for TM backups (it was for CCC use), even though TM is disabled in System Preferences (strange).

I have Tiger at home but have a Leopard family pack on order. Will Tiger and Leopard sync correctly (obviously not the Leopard-specific sync items)? I would like to keep my bookmarks and contacts the same both at work and at home.