I just got an iPhone, should i sell my iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Astro8973, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Astro8973 macrumors regular

Astro8973

Well now that i have a 16 gb iPhone (t-mobile), I really don't feel any need to have an iPod Touch (32gb). I was thinkin I could sell my touch on ebay for $400 and then purchase an 80gb iPod Classic. What are your thoughts?

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I just sold my 16GB Touch because I plan on getting the 16GB Iphone. I really see no point in owning both, however your touch was 32GB and the Iphone is 16gb, it depends if you need that extra space or not. Otherwise why own an gimped Iphone when you own the Iphone?

That was my thought anyway when I sold mine...

3. touchyphone macrumors regular

I am in the same boat, both an iPhone and Touch. I use my touch around the house always, as my lil mobile entertainment center. Plus I jailbroke my touch, so I use it for the SNES emulator and uSirius mostly now, and to chill with in bed at night when the girl is talking my ear off! I say hold on to the touch, yeah you dont need it, but the touch can become a nice little portable mini comp for around the house and work, plus you can get a nice mount and put it in the car, have some videos play for some in seat entertainment!

4. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

My 16Gb touch is on ebay atm. If it sells I buy the iPhone, if it doens't, I won't.
    No point having both.

5. randomusername macrumors 6502

Well, I'm not sure if I should sell mine either. I doubt I could because it has my name and # engraved into to the back. But I'm paranoid about losing mine so I'll probably keep my phone and iPod Touch as a back-up if anything happens to my iPhone when I get it. I may sell them if I need the money, though.

6. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

no way man, keep it!

why downgrade to an ipod classic when you have the best ipod now in the phone and touch?

keep the touch and take it places you wouldn't want to take your phone....say the gym or the beach or what-not.

7. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

I had a 16GB iPod touch that I loved it. Used the heck out of it before buying my 8GB iPhone. I thought I was use both but I ended up NEVER using the iPod touch after buying the iPhone, so I put it on ebay.

8. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

Mine is also engraved, which is why I fear it may not sell. But then it has very very few scratches compared to most and I've seen some really scratched up ones sell for more than the minimum I'd accept (£100), so some clearly don't care what the back looks like so shouldn't mind an engraving either.

9. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I don't see any need to own both an iPod Touch and an iPhone. Worst case scenario is you should sell the iPod and buy a classic or something -- guarantee that all your media has a spot.

10. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

who caresssssssss

if u want to sell it, then sell it.

if u want to keep it, keep it.

no thread needed!

11. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Don't people usually take their cell phones with them wherever they go? I don't get why he would take his ipod touch with him instead of his "all in one" device (iPhone.) I say sell it. Why have almost 2 of the same thing when you can have your iPhone with you 24/7?

12. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

Thank you.

13. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Exactly. Its a personal issue that others cant answer for you.

14. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

iv been thinking about the same thing.

Getting the new iPhone on the 11th, and i currently have an ipod touch. I think i am going to keep the touch around for the reasons that i like to internet browse before i go to sleep, and i wouldnt want to waste the iphone battery while doing that before bed. Also, more apple stuff the better!

15. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

my sentiments exactly

16. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I have a 16gb touch and I will sell it once I get the 3g on the 11th.(I cannot do without a touch ipod of any kind) I have been shopping it around to all my buddies and I can't get any of them to bite on a $200 price. thats $200 off with less than 6 months of use. They just arent tech savy enough i guess.

I have been thinking of trying the craigslist route.

17. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

I sold mine on eBay for $275.

18. Fontenette Yo! macrumors regular

Fontenette Yo!

I don't see the point of own both. If I couldn't sell it I would probably give it away. There are always other people who could use it.

19. jcostaman macrumors member

jcostaman

I've got a 16gb iPod touch and i am selling it to my dad, I don't need 32 gb so the iPhone is all I need

Quick question. New to macrumors and wanted to know how to start an new thread. Thanks for the help!