I just got iPhone 3G - w/NO contract!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CashAtTAMU, Jul 11, 2008.

1. CashAtTAMU macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2008
    I just got an iPhone 3G after a 3 hour wait in line.

The kiosk I was at had a broken credit card/signature box. Fortunately I was going to pay with cash. I paid my 199 plus tax and they hurried me out the door telling me to activate it at home.

Walking to the car I realized I had never agreed to or signed a new contract! :confused: I was already an AT&T customer but my contract ran out two months ago and I was waiting for the iPhone to renew.

I'm sure the computer says I'm under a new contract, but am I really? And what should I do with the phone, try to sell it before I activate it?
  2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Aug 13, 2006
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    Just unlock it and use it with someone who doesn't force you to get a 70 dollar plan. Centennial comes to mind.
  3. scotty588 macrumors 6502

Jan 2, 2007
    Carlsbad, CA
    Wirelessly posted (iphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

activation requires a contract I bet.
  4. CashAtTAMU thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2008
    still a brick anyway

Doesn't matter. I still can't activate it.

I have no phone at all at the moment. The guy killed my old sim card and turned on the new one in the iPhone. I just logged into my AT&T account and it says my mobile is suspended in red font at the top of every page.
  5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

Jun 9, 2007
    Okay, well you obviously go back to store and get it fixed.
  6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

Aug 28, 2007
    San Francisco California, USA
    The dude dogged you! Should have been able to use the old SIM card in your previous phone, which is what they did with mine...:(