I just got my first imac, now what?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by smattmul, May 8, 2008.

1. smattmul macrumors member

smattmul

Just made the switch

gave up on loading my Vista disks already

now what, anything i am missing ??? not discussing vista i am done for the day with vista

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

When you get to the part where you need to choose your partition, select the partition you want for Vista and choose Format at the bottom. Let it format it as NTFS and you'll be able to install.

I know you didn't want to discuss it, but it's the only thing you even mentioned.

3. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

What do you plan to use it for? Which version of the iMac did you get? Congrats, btw! Have you played around in the software that came with it yet?

4. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

Do what I did...I took the Vista DVD, and whipped it at the wall. Those things fly!!!!

Then I take a deep breath, and realize that OSX is so much better anyway. Games? I have a 360 w/ a 40" SAMSUNG LCD/1080p...SSSHHHWWWEEEEET

5. trip1ex macrumors 68000

Buy some more Apple products. You need a Time Capsule, iPhone, and ATV now.

6. smattmul thread starter macrumors member

smattmul

yah yah you guys are a buntch of help.

I am installing xp right now and i think i have my format settings right. I went ahead and partitioned 32 gigs with NTPS

i will install XP then i will from windows upgrade to vista. as i only have a vista upgrade from xp disk

Sound like a plan?

I jsut bought a eyetv

EHy i went to game stop today and all they had was WOW for mac
    so where do i go and what do i buy to play, i had my eye one C & C tibirian sun 3. Any comment?