Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a456

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2005
Size Matters

CrEsTo said:
I just went to pick up my 24" iMac with Wireless mighty mouse & keyboard, first one sold in Orlando, FL.

The screen is huge compared to my MBP 15"! I will get 2GB of RAM tomorrow.

Pics: http://www.enyum.com/imac

A veritable beast, looks great. :eek:

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
ZoomZoomZoom said:
Wow. That thing is ginormous. Doesn't look all that big on the Apple Store page, but in real pics... wow.

Yeah actually seeing it in someone's home gives an entirely new perspective. On an unrelated note, what model Mazda do you drive ZoomZoomZoom?

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
I just recieved shipment notification of my cto 24" - however, I did a tracking update and its shipping from shanghai

CrEsTo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Australia
SpankyPenzaanz said:
I just recieved shipment notification of my cto 24" - however, I did a tracking update and its shipping from shanghai

Yes, they ship directly from the factories. ;)

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
keysersoze said:
Nothing like a $2000+ computer on a $29 desk.

;)

I will have the same problem when I pick up one of these babies (still on the fence between this and the 20"). I have an awesome, huge L desk w/ hutch and armoire that had a ton of room- used to have a dual screen setup and laptop AND room for my drafting board. Unfortunately, it does not fit in my apartment- so my parents get to have it for a while. :( I am temporarily using the smallest, cheapest desk I could find ($20 at Ikea!) and it sucks! I will be building a new desk to fit the wall that my little desk is facing.

Nice pics, btw! :)

Bibulous

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
That is really nice, temps me to change my plans to just buy mini to use with my 20" dell.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
You have a new iMac. You have a girlfriend. And you have a MacBook Pro.

I could not be more jealous :eek:

(Thinking of getting one instead of a Mac Pro: it's a lot cheaper!)

tominated

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2006
Queensland, Australia
2 words....

....oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
tominated said:
2 words....

....oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
That's 3 words, a lot of !'s and a few :eek:'s

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
nagromme said:
(Thinking of getting one instead of a Mac Pro: it's a lot cheaper!)

The iMac or the girlfriend?

The iMac is definately the cheaper of the two... and it has more inputs!

:p

------------
edit: I do believe that the modern courtship process (in the US, at least) has become too focused on money (dinner, gifts & shopping). The expectations and cost of dating are exceedingly high (if for example you dated only on Fridays, and spent a minimal $50 on dinner & plans... in a year you could buy a new 24" iMac). The second part of the comment is blatantly sexist and of course was not used genuinely.

Yannick

macrumors member
question about the screen thickness

Hi CrEsTo and congratulations for your iMac 24".
To you or anybody with the new iMac 24", I have a question: could you please tell precisely how thick is the screen. I remember reading that the 20" was a little thicker than the 17", and I was wondering about the 24". On Apple website, the depth includes now the foot of the iMac so it doesn't help.
Thanks and once again congratulations.
Enjoy :)

CrEsTo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Australia
Yannick said:
Hi CrEsTo and congratulations for your iMac 24".
To you or anybody with the new iMac 24", I have a question: could you please tell precisely how thick is the screen. I remember reading that the 20" was a little thicker than the 17", and I was wondering about the 24". On Apple website, the depth includes now the foot of the iMac so it doesn't help.
Thanks and once again congratulations.
Enjoy :)

Hi Yannick, it's about 1 1/2 inches.

Echo toxin

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2006
I still find it incredulous that people would buy an iMac that big. The typical user will probably get fed up with the computer about 2-3 years after ownership and a screen that size would easily last 5-6 years. :confused:

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
Echo toxin said:
I still find it incredulous that people would buy an iMac that big. The typical user will probably get fed up with the computer about 2-3 years after ownership and a screen that size would easily last 5-6 years. :confused:

Many people sell their iMacs on or hand them down. When I did that with mine, I didn't weep over the fact that I also had to sell the screen.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Echo toxin said:

I'm going to buy one. When I feel that I need a new computer 2-3 years down the line, I'll move it into the bedroom and use it as a DVD/media streamer - takes up less room than a LCD screen and separate DVD player/satellite receiver.

2Shae

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2006
Echo toxin said:

Well Im thinking of buying the 24" because I'll also use it as a TV instead of having a big silver box (my current TV) in my room.

BTW: does anyone know if the EyeTV (Hybrid) can also be viewed in fullscreen?? With great quality of course:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.