I just got my iPod Touch! (With pics and video)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thesdx, Sep 18, 2007.

1. thesdx macrumors 6502a

I just got back from Best Buy with my brand new iPod Touch! They had about 5 left, so I reserved one over the phone. The screen looks glorious with no issues at all. I'll post some pics and a video shortly.

2. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Good to hear that someone's touch is working...

3. bluush macrumors 6502

Add mine to that list.

4. vanzskater272 macrumors regular

I just got to use one for the first time today.
    They are sooo thin. Its incredible and no screen issues. The touch screen is great and wifi was awasome

5. pushateg7 macrumors member

these positive remarks about the screens make my tummy feel better

6. thesdx thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've made a video that's uploading to YouTube right now. It basically demos all of the features of the iTouch. The quality is mediocre, as it was filmed with an iSight.

7. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

no sia-respect by why are u talking pictures and uploading? we know what a iPod Touch looks like. your not the 1st to get one...

unless u are checking if your screen is a dud?

8. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Jeez, don't give him crap. He said he was going to demo the features.

Jesusplay, we know you don't like yours so do us all a favour and return it, and never look back.

9. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

;P

I might look back and buy an iPhone......when i get a job to support the bill.

its not that i dont like it... its just i feel like akward owning its not as great as i thought it would be.

10. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Boy, what did you expect it to do that it doesn't?

11. pushateg7 macrumors member

12. thesdx thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! (I'm posting this from my iTouch right now)

13. jasonnorm macrumors regular

jasonnorm

What the heck was the point of that video? A crappy demo of a product everyone is VERY familiar witth. You should have shown something cool like you smashing it or something :)

14. colto macrumors regular

You are having some of the shimmery black issues too. Notice how the side of the screen starts turning greenish from 1:33ish to 1:37ish or so whenever Jobs is talking? That's the problem. It won't show up in most videos you watch, but whenever your brightness is turned up and you view a very dark video it becomes more obvious. While you don't have it as bad as some people(I know mine is a lot like yours in that it's not that big of a deal), the problem is definitely there. I also did a video review series but went into detail on all of the features. They are being sequentially released over the week here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=355026

15. thesdx thread starter macrumors 6502a

I made this video just to give a basic review of the product. I wasn't trying to go in-depth. If anyone wants me to show a particular feature or to try something, I'd be happy to do so.

16. jeffc macrumors newbie

17. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

@thesdx

you did exactly as you said you would, which was quicly demo the features. good video.

ps- have you used to 2.4ghz iMac's, and if so, do you notice a difference in speed?

18. ynblood macrumors member

thesdx,

Thank You!! for taking the time to post the video on youtube and enjoy your new Itouch.

19. andyh2 macrumors member

20. jacktiernan macrumors regular

Woot!

Congrats dude!

Have fun!!!!!! I'm still waiting for mine, so play with it some extra for me :p

btw, how old are you???? (rhetorical question ;))You're extremely articulate and confident for a young guy anyhow, great youtube video!