I just got my new 15" MBP and it rocks!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HawaiiMacAddict, Oct 20, 2008.

1. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

I was able to purchase my new 15" MBP tonight at our newest Apple Store, the Royal Hawaiian, and it (my new MBP) rocks!!!

I'm still getting used to the chicklet keys, but when I look up and see 5:29 (as in 5 HOURS and 29 minutes) left on my current charge, I'm more than happy. The keyboard is a bit louder than on my previous MBP, but this one is quite a bit faster. Of course, I had the 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo model, so the jump to a 2.4GHz CPU is a big one. This one also is a bit cooler than the old one.

One of the nice things I noticed was during the initial account setup. My wireless LAN was picked up and all I had to do was enter my WPA key! I am extremely pleased with this purchase and can't wait to take it to work tomorrow to show everyone. Not that they would ever deign to use a Macintosh, but they all want to see one of the new MBPs up close and personal.

I haven't had any real problems with any of the Apple products I've purchased thus far, aside from the recent software issues on the iPhone 3G, knock on wood, and I don't foresee any such issues with this MBP. I've only had it for a few hours, but this is a dream machine thus far!!! I haven't even really noticed any reflections, either.

Oh, and Safari seems to be far snappier than before hehehe :D

HawaiiMacAddict

2. hohohong macrumors 6502

Congrat! Picture?

Can you post a few picture? Specially the screen from side,... anymore yellow tint?

Enjoy!

3. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

Congratulations!
    How is it? Is it easy switching from the old keyboard?
    How is the screen? Is it really like a mirror?

My new MBP is arriving sometime this week..... I can't wait.
    It's going to be a very long week. :D

4. guest8t88 macrumors member

The Screen is like a mirror, saw one last friday.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congratulations and enjoy your splendid new MBP and may you both live long and prosper together.
    Cheers

6. HawaiiMacAddict thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

I just put up a new MobileMe gallery for my new MacBook Pro. I apologize for the quality of the shots - I'm not a professional photog, obviously, and I don't have any from the side. While the screen is certainly reflective, I was not distracted in any way, and actually didn't even really notice it.

The keyboard feels different from the new slim keyboards, as the keys have much more of a 'plastic' feel to them. They are a bit louder, but that may be due to my typing style. I tend to be a bit firmer than others, but I was also a pianist in my earlier days.

I'll post more of a review later. I have to go to work now.

HawaiiMacAddict

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Just got mine a few hours ago. It'll be an upgrade from a MBP 1.83 (which I'm going to keep around for a little while longer as a back up).

IMHO:

Screen can be "mirror-like" depending on the light. But I have it adjusted to reduce glare and so far I'm still happy. I'm not a fan of glossy screen, but I'm going to be open-minded about this one for a few days. If I can't deal w/ it I'll break down and buy some anti-reflective film.

Keyboard feels exactly like the current Apple Keyboard... very springy and responsive. I wish the keys were contoured but it still feels better than the keyboard on my MBP 1.83 and I'm able to type faster.

Everything else is fantastic. Mind you I'm upgrading from a 2.5 year old machine.